#1 blueskys4ever

blueskys4ever

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Sunken Aircraft

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hello Everyone,

I join from the far off reaches of Tucson Arizona.

A few days ago, I purchased my first digital camera and housing. A G9 and Canon Housing.

Man am I stoked. In less than a month I will try all this out in Roatan.

My father used to take underwater photos in Florida, back in the 70s. I still have some of his equipment as ancient as it may be. He worked for an underwater salvage company named Real Eight. He was a machinist-not a diver for the company. Oddly, there are few photos from this era. The State of Florida was greedy and wanted the lion's share of the booty, so photography was considered evidence.

Anyhow, I look forward to surfing the site. It looks well managed and well populated with good folks.

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3055 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Welcome to Wetpixel, Be careful though this place will suck up all your free time. :) You'll have to post some of your Dad's old images. Be sure to check out the new member map. It's under the resources header. Enjoy!

Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

Hi and welcome

Don't forget to tell us all about Roatan when you come back. I am going there at the end of July, so I want to know all the gossip! :)

Cheers

Hal
Canon Ixus 950is in WPDC-15 housing with Inon accessorization (D2000s strobe, UWL105 and UCL165 lenses).

#4 AMW

AMW

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Boxing, English Premier League, SCUBA, aqua-culturing SPS and LPS, yoga

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hello and welcome to Wetpixel!

Enjoy your trip to Roatan and your debut with underwater photography.
Remember to bring the DEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The no-see-ums are flying jaws!

BTW, how's the desert diving???????????? :)