• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonniboy

Jonniboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:05 AM

OK, I've been lurking long enough. I've recently come back from a trip to Manado in Northern Sulawesi. I took along my new Sony DSC-P5 and got it underwater for the first time. I've posted some pictures at http://www.underwater-digital.com - any feedback gratefully received!

[Edited on 5-6-2002 by Jonniboy]

#2 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 09:53 AM

Wow, nice pictures and great topics for your galleries !!!!
Who said that you cannot take beautiful pictures with a P5 ! I love that little orange frogfish and the seahorse on the leaf (although i'd try to get rid of that finger :))

Some questions:
Did you use a strobe/videolight ?
Did you compress your pictures ? What size are they ? (I'm asking this because it took very long to load them although i have a rather fast connection ?
What exactly is camouflaged in that pink gorgonian ?

I'll have to go to Manado too - Sabine :cool:

#3 Jonniboy

Jonniboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

Some answers:
No - just the built in flash. I haven't come up with a satisfactory way of attac hing a flash yet (and it was the first time I'd used the camera so I thought I'd keep it simple).
Pictures are compressed quite a bit - most of the big images are around 70K and there's only 1 to a page. I'll look into what's slowing it down.
Believe it or not (and I'm not sure I do) there's a pygmy sea horse. 4 of us spent 5 minutes staring at it and convinced ourselves the guide was right. The picture of another pygmy that WAS visible was way out of focus :-(

If you make it to Manado then make sure you go to Lembeh strait - weird!