• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JudyG

JudyG

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

I have been lurking in this fine forum awhile. I have been a regular contributor over at Scubadiving.com for several years, but thought I would expand my horizons a bit and play here too.

I am another cold water junkie - fortunate enough to live only a few hours from the wild & wonderful diving at Nanaimo, Campbell River and Port Hardy. However, even a hardy West Coast Canuckian kind of chick needs a warm fix every now and then, so I regularly strain/drain the bank account with adventures afar.

I've met a few of the regulars here (most recently the ever-entertaining Simon Buxton, who DM'd a recent trip aboard the Archipelago Adventurer II from Ambon to Banda) and recognize quite a few names.

My (non-commercial) website is Awoosh.com. I enjoy sharing my experiences via multiimedia shows and photoessays, so if armchair diving is your bag, hopefully you will find something there to entertain you a bit.

J.

#2 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

Welcome; great website and great images.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#3 Canuck

Canuck

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Howdy Neighbour. :D

John Davies
Canon 70D / Nauticam / dual Inons
my photos

#4 Jettbritnell

Jettbritnell

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have been lurking in this fine forum awhile. I have been a regular contributor over at Scubadiving.com for several years, but thought I would expand my horizons a bit and play here too.

I am another cold water junkie - fortunate enough to live only a few hours from the wild & wonderful diving at Nanaimo, Campbell River and Port Hardy. However, even a hardy West Coast Canuckian kind of chick needs a warm fix every now and then, so I regularly strain/drain the bank account with adventures afar.

I've met a few of the regulars here (most recently the ever-entertaining Simon Buxton, who DM'd a recent trip aboard the Archipelago Adventurer II from Ambon to Banda) and recognize quite a few names.

My (non-commercial) website is Awoosh.com. I enjoy sharing my experiences via multiimedia shows and photoessays, so if armchair diving is your bag, hopefully you will find something there to entertain you a bit.

J.

Nice site. Welcome to Wetpixel!

Cheers, Jett

Jett Britnell
Jett Britnell Photographics
http://www.jettbritnell.com
http://jettbritnell.blogspot.com
Member: Ocean Artists Society (Phorographer)

Nikon D800 in Aquatica Housing, twin Sea & Sea YS-D1's.

#5 ornate_wrasse

ornate_wrasse

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Nice to see you over here, Judy!

I have no doubt that you'll make as many fine contributions to www.wetpixel.com as you have made over the years at www.scubadiving.com.

Cheers,

Ellen
D300, Subal housing, Focus Fix Light, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm, Sigma 17-70, 105mm VR, Inon Z240 (2)

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

#6 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6177 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

hi Judy welcome to WP.

You must be the first to have ever called Simon "entertaining" :D

Which part of Vancouver are you from?

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#7 JudyG

JudyG

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

hi Judy welcome to WP.

Thanks Mike.

You must be the first to have ever called Simon "entertaining" :D

Oh, there are other adjectives, but I thought I better play nice as new kid in the sandbox ;^) I'm sure as his sometime roomie you are well aware of his particularities and peccadillos :D Seriously, he was a great Cruise Director. Our group had a blast (Simon's pom pom dances notwithstanding :D )

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall (well, maybe not really a fly - they're yucky) when Simon downloaded about our motley crew... ;^)

Which part of Vancouver are you from?

I was born and grew up here, and have lived on the North Shore, in Kits, Marpole, South Granville and Richmond, as well as living for a halcyon year overseas (Switzerland - I wuz a ski nut in my salad years). Currently, the mountains are in my back yard :^) What about you?

J.

Edited by JudyG, 28 May 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#8 JudyG

JudyG

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

J.