• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

Getting to grips with the camera. Currently in southern California hanging with Steve (Douglas) and having a blast. Will be looking to post more feedback soon.

Posted Image

Cheers,
Mark

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#2 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:UW videography, tec diving<br />literature (novels)<br />diplomacy

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Wow,

nice digital cinema camera and beard, mate! Have the sharks eaten your razr? :D

Congratulations... And the housing?

All the best,
Jules

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, but notice who has the Red shirt on!!;-)
Steve

Attached Images

• Mark__Red_and_I.jpg

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hey and there it is.
Looks like you are one happy chappy there Mark.

Looking forward to seeing some footage.
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#5 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hey Jules,
The housing is being made as we speak, custom build. Will share more info when done.

Wagsy, talk about hitting the nail on the head. Here's a still from a test yesterday. Nothing done to this except shrunk down from its native 4k resolution:

Posted Image

First time I've used the lens on this so maybe a bit soft. Only using an LCD to focus as my Electronic View Finder is on back order. I should have that in about a month.

Cheers,
Mark.

Edited by CamDiver, 29 May 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#6 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Looks great. :D
Can you put a link to a full size image somewhere so I can download it and see it 1.1.
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#7 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6177 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

dodgy looking goat for sure....

I mean the beard :D

Congrats Mark! quite the wait and glad you got it!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#8 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

Cheers guys (and Mike),
The beard is from too many nights trying to get me bonce around this camera but it keeps me chin warm so no worries.

Cheers,
Mark.

#9 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, but notice who has the Red shirt on!!;-)
Steve

I knew it !!!!... letting Steve have a play with you monster 'RED THANG'.. You two timing bastardo.....Mate it looks like a beast... and the camera isn't bad either.. :D

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#10 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hey Jules,
The housing is being made as we speak, custom build. Will share more info when done.

Wagsy, talk about hitting the nail on the head. Here's a still from a test yesterday. Nothing done to this except shrunk down from its native 4k resolution:

First time I've used the lens on this so maybe a bit soft. Only using an LCD to focus as my Electronic View Finder is on back order. I should have that in about a month.

Cheers,
Mark.

Looks real nice from where I am sitting. I wish they would make a slightly more portable version :lol:

#11 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

They are making the Scarlet, due to be released this fall. It is a 3k cam, fixed lens and will sell for about 4500.00....the Red One was considerably easier to use than I had anticipated. Either that or Mark is just a great teacher. Unfortunately, after spending the last week here, he had to leave early this morning for a meet back East in D.C.
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#12 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

They are making the Scarlet, due to be released this fall.

Uh oh. Credit Card is burning right now.

Good thing I let my wife use my video rig last trip and she started getting hooked on that. "Honey, listen, I do not really want this new video camera, it is just that you are enjoying my current video camera that I am getting these new things for you. Yes I will be using them, but really, emotionally, it is for you. And so is this dSLR rig."

#13 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

I've already promised to pass on my dSLR as a small bribe for more needed equipment !!! :lol:

#14 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

I've already promised to pass on my dSLR as a small bribe for more needed equipment !!! :o

:lol: ^_^ to the signifcant others who let us think we are getting away with something ;)