6 replies to this topic

#1 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

I cannot believe what happenned :lol: :

I had a Capture NX that allowed me to change the camera D200 parameters of my NEF files (like colour mode or sharpness, WB, exposure, etc...) and then my girlfriend bought me a D300 that included another Capture NX.

I installed the new one and now it only shows the picture parameters but does not let me change them or anything :lol:

Could someone help me?

Thank you very much in advance from a desperate guy...
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#2 ornate_wrasse

ornate_wrasse

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

I installed the new one and now it only shows the picture parameters but does not let me change them or anything :lol:

Could someone help me?

The folks at www.nikonians.org always seem to have an answer for everything related to Nikon. One of the forums on www.nikonians.org is for software and post processing questions. Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.nikonians...h...s&forum=196

You might try posing your question on that site to get an answer.

Good luck!

Ellen
D300, Subal housing, Focus Fix Light, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm, Sigma 17-70, 105mm VR, Inon Z240 (2)

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

#3 ATJ

ATJ

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Photograph, Marine Biology

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

What version of CaptureNX are you using?

I have Version 1.3 and it lets me change:
Posted Image

#4 davichin

davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

Thank you very much Ellen and Andrew :lol:

I will try in nikonians and the spanish version of nikonians...
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#5 TimG

TimG

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Location:Paris or Helmand, Afghanistan (yes, agreed, not much difference)
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm water, fine wine, beautiful women. And Manchester City Football Club

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:53 AM

Hi David

I've used both a non-D300 provided version on my laptop; and the D300 free version - and havn't seen any difference!

Tim

(former Dive Manager KBR - Lembeh Straits)
www. timsimages.uk

#6 E_viking

E_viking

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, Diving,
    Skiing & Mountaineering

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi David,

I might know your problem. The Capture NX has the Camera Settings tab on the left hand side. They have moved them to the "workingslist" on the right hand side under "developing => Camera Settings". I also had to search for a while when I was updating to NX2.

/Erik

The Tabs are most likely called something else. I am using a german version, since I live in Germany and I therefore have to guess the name of them.

Nikon D800, Nikon 60, 105, 16-35, Sigma 15, Nauticam D800, Zen 230mm, Subsee +5 & +10, 2*INON Z240

#7 derek_t_wildoceanphoto_dot_com

derek_t_wildoceanphoto_dot_com

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

First, you probably want to avoid having multiple versions of Capture NX on your computer- I'd suggest you follow Nikon's instructions to uninstall all versions, then download and install the latest version- I think their recent updates offer fixes and additional support for the D300.

If you need tech support, I suggest calling their support line- the staff has been knowledgeable and helpful in my experience.