Photo
- - - - -

Your Chance to Dive with Eric Cheng and Douglas Seifert!

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

Updated Meet and Greet.

Johanna
Martin & Julie
Eric
Douglas
Jon & Angela
Bruce
Zeb
Kevin
Greg

As long as everyone is ok with burgers, brauts/hotdogs I think we are ok. If someone wants to bring a dessert or another salad that would be great.

#62 seagrant

seagrant

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Interests:http://www.oceangrant.com

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

Ellen was talking about possibly making the meet and greet and if so I might hitch a ride if I still can function properly of course (remember cut me some slack I'm a Fla gal..... :) )

Carol :B):

http://www.oceangrant.com
Facebook-Oceangrant

Twitter-Oceangrant

d300/Subal/ULCS/Sea & Sea 110s/16;12-24;60;105vr;Tokina 10-17

#63 Pgunderson

Pgunderson

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

ATTENTION ALL DIVERS!!!!

Here are the details for our upcoming adventure into the crystal clear waters of the Puget Sound that swarm with Giant Pacific Octos and Wolf Eels. :huh:

Sunday, August 17th
Be at the Delinís Dock ready to go by 9:00am.
Monday, August 18th
Be at Delinís Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.
Map to Delin Dock: http://www.banditoch.....lin Docks.jpg

Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

Trips average about 6 hours dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not fimilar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

The Wetpixel Greet and Meet :)
Date: Sunday the 18th
Time: Will depend when we get off the boat. But giving time for folks to get home, unpack, hopefully shower, letís say around 7pm.
Place:
Martin & Julie Heyn
3040 11th Ave W
Seattle 98119
The street parking can be tough but two cars can park on the curb in front of our house.
What to Bring: Pretty much just you and any friend, spouse or significant other. We will provide all beverages, adult and otherwise, snacks, buns and condiments. We need a count of how many will attend so we can get an idea of how much stuff we need. Bruce has been kind enough to volunteer to make a run for Burgers and Dogs.

Right now we have:
Updated 7/28
Martin & Julie
Eric
Douglas
Jon & Angela
Bruce
Zeb
Kevin

Keep checking here for updates!

#64 Pgunderson

Pgunderson

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

Updated Meet and Greet.

Johanna
Martin & Julie
Eric
Douglas
Jon & Angela
Bruce
Zeb
Kevin
Greg

As long as everyone is ok with burgers, brauts/hotdogs I think we are ok. If someone wants to bring a dessert or another salad that would be great.

My husband Mike and I would like to go to the meet and greet. I can bring a potatoe salad-we are locals. Pat Gunderson

#65 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

Great Pat! The more the merrier.

Edited by NWDiver, 08 August 2008 - 05:46 PM.

#66 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

Hi All,

I have gotten a couple of emails about payment. Right now, if everyone shows, the cost is $75.00 per person/day for a two tank trip. You can pay Bandito online or the day of the dive, just let me know so I can make sure everything is covered.

#67 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys. Just a quick note -- unfortunately, Douglas had to pull out of the trip. So it will just be me and Simon.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#68 segal3

segal3

Powerful Sea Gull

• Admin
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Count me in on both Sunday and Monday boat dives, and the Sunday BBQ. :drink:
Matt Segal - carbonos scuba

#69 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Ok another confirmation of how things stand to date. Please correct me if you see anything missing or that does not make sense, I’m no Julie McCoy.

Sunday
Eric
Matt
Jon
Carol
Bruce
[b]Greg
Martin
Simon
Linda
Pgundersons
Pgundersons
Johanna
Zebulen Pike
Kevin Mount
14 Divers

Monday
Eric
Simon
Matt
Jon
Carol
Greg
Martin
Kathryn
Aquatic
Johanna
Ellen
Pgundersons
Pgundersons
Zebulen Pike
Kevin Mount
15 Divers I am checking to see if this is ok with the Bandito. If not no worries I will sit this day out.

MEET AND GREET
Johanna
Martin & Julie
Eric
Simon
Jon & Angela
Bruce
Greg
Ellen
Carol
Pat & Mike
Matt
Zeb??
Kevin??
Once again I apologize in advance for the parking situation in our area. I will have a life size balloon replica of Eric Cheng floating above the mailbox, or something like that.

DIVING
Sunday, August 17th
Be at the Delin’s Dock ready to go by 9:00am.
Monday, August 18th
Be at Delin’s Dock Ready to go by 10:00am.
Map to Delin Dock:

Please note these dives are very tide dependant so it is important you be a little early rather than a little late.

Trips average about 6 hours, dependant on the divers. So figure we will be back to the dock around 3pm-4pm. For those of you not familiar with the area it is about a 40-50minute drive from downtown Seattle to the dock, that is given no traffic. Monday it is very likely you will hit traffic both ways. Maybe some of the other local divers can chime in on how long they think it will take to get from downtown Seattle to the dock.

Edited by NWDiver, 11 August 2008 - 02:49 PM.

#70 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I sent a life-sized cardboard cutout of me to my high school class' 10 year reunion.

It was defaced.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#71 mandarinfish

mandarinfish

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hi All,

I have gotten a couple of emails about payment. Right now, if everyone shows, the cost is $75.00 per person/day for a two tank trip. You can pay Bandito online or the day of the dive, just let me know so I can make sure everything is covered.

Martin, just FYI, I have paid online for my space on Sunday's charter.

thanks,
Linda

#72 Aquatic

Aquatic

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to give up my spot on Monday. Increasing workload and Drysuit in for repair.

Dan
Dan Tyrpak

Aquatic Camera,LLC
Email
Aquatic Camera.com

Aquatica, bigblue, Fantasea, Fisheye, Ikelite, INON, Light & Motion, Nauticam, OLYMPUS, Reefnet, Sea & Sea, Stix, ULCS

#73 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:21 AM

No problem Dan that gets us back to 14 but NO ONE else can cancel :chatterbox:. Also I hope everyone checked Bandito's site and is aware you should be bringing your own tanks and weights.

#74 Pgunderson

Pgunderson

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi All,

#75 Pgunderson

Pgunderson

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

I have paid for both my husband and myself over the internet. Pat Gunderson. question is it 2 dives, so we bring the right number of tanks. thanks

#76 segal3

segal3

Powerful Sea Gull

• Admin
  • 1739 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

We just talked to Rick and he said that you will need to bring a full tank for each dive (two tanks total).
Matt Segal - carbonos scuba

#77 davehicks

davehicks

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

Any more free spots on either Sunday or Monday? My planned visit to Boston just fell through due to a canceled flight, so now I am free.

I could fill 1 or 2 spots on either day. I dive with Rick and Banditos all the time, and would love to meet the whole crowd here.

Thanks,
Dave

#78 martys

martys

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:rebreathers, photography

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

Hey Eric - I'm out of town for the weekend at Mt Ranier but should be back early Sunday afternoon. I'll try to come by the meet and greet to say Hi since I haven't seen you for like 2 1/2 years. Lots has happened since Palau. Safe diving in the sound, hopefully you'll find some of our great octo's and wolf eels to capure. Rick and Banditos are great, I used to use them alot. Have fun out there.
Marty Steinberg - http://martysteinberg.com or http://martys.spaces.live.com
Canon 5D / Canon 10D / Subal C10 / Dual Ike DS125's / ULCS arms

#79 ornate_wrasse

ornate_wrasse

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

I hope everyone checked Bandito's site and is aware you should be bringing your own tanks and weights.

I'm in Cozumel right now and will be flying back to Portland tomorrow arriving about 7:30 PM at PDX. Thankfully, I already picked up my tanks and weights before I left for Coz :chatterbox:

Ellen
D300, Subal housing, Focus Fix Light, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm, Sigma 17-70, 105mm VR, Inon Z240 (2)

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

#80 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

Looking forward to seeing everybody - both diving and at the meet & greet! BTW, I just picked up a s#*%load (squidload) of brats and burgers (including veggie, turkey and good ol' cow-flesh) for the meet & greet, so there oughtta be something for everybody! :chatterbox:

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields