• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

In a bombshell reminiscent of Bill Clinton's off the cuff remark that oral sex was not sex, Dr. Mustard today dropped a bombshell that he may switch from Nikon to Canon.
In a casual remark, possibly intentional, possibly not, Dr. Mustard suggested on this forum "Maybe I'll be getting a Canon 5D Mk"
2!http://wetpixel.com/...=0
The world of underwater photography groupies are surely going to be shattered by this revelation.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#2 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8390 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:15 AM

Come on Jeff. Leave me alone. Enough threads with my name in the title. :D

I will buy another camera one day. But none of the cameras currently on the market particularly appeal over what I have. I would think that it is highly unlikely that I would switch to a Canon 5D Mk2, as switching brands does not make much financial sense. Switching to Canon was more likely for many, and many did, a few years ago, when the Canon product range, well sensors at least, were superior to Nikon's. But without such a gap these days I think a switch for me is highly unlikely. Nikon's product improvement is on a very steep curve at present.

All that said, despite being a card carrying NPS member (you get it automatically) I would never rule out a switch simply on brand loyalty. I already have a Canon printer. :P

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#3 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1232 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

I noted the remark " Dr. Mustard suggested on this forum "Maybe I'll be getting a Canon 5D Mk"

mmm I said , its a megapixel race - I have whisper that the Canon 5 whateveriti ZMk222 will be quite the business.

I must confess to having a harbouring the new 1DsMK111 housing on order and do look with envy at those with 20 plus MP's - That said my new D3 housing arrived today and seemed to quell the urge .

What to do mmmmmmmmn

#4 craig

craig

Full Moon Rising

• Super Mod
  • 2826 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

The world of underwater photography groupies are surely going to be shattered by this revelation.

Shattered or vindicated?

We may all switch to the 5D2 when and if it comes out. For me, all they'd have to do is introduce a 70-200 macro along with it. Lenses are just as important.

Of course, we may all switch to the D900 when it comes out as well. Wait, no way that's happening. :D
I love it when a plan comes together.
- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

------
Nikon, Seatool, Nexus, Inon
My Galleries

#5 kevphol

kevphol

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

If Alex switches to Canon it will be because he wants to be like me when he grows up! :D