Give your feedback on buyers/sellers

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#21 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

I bought a Inon macro lens from Pfiffikus25 and everything worked out great! Thumbs up! :P
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#22 hogglet

hogglet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

Scubaspud25

I sold a complete Gates housing system and Sony HD Camcorder to Scubaspud25. There were problems with Paypal, so he phoned me and arranged a different way to pay. He was very patient considering Paypal was playing up.

He is a good person to deal with, honest and reliable. :(

#23 Luko

Luko

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Just wanted to say that this forum is first class for purchasing or selling items, nothing to do with ebay, thanks to honest likeminded members.
I'll add my own experience while I was busy trading these last months. so thumbs up to these highly recommended traders :
- Jeff/ Synthetic who I bought a 5D housing from at fantastic price and arranged my problems shipping to France.
- Dan/ danandrewclem for a swift sale of a port body, clean of any VAT :D
- Steve/ pxguru who brought his 8" dome from Malaysia to the UK so that my shipping and import tax bill was almost nil.
- Gary/ GHP who purchased from me a Ike dual sync chord (still between Paris and the Uk at the moment) and paid me at supersonic speed.
Pls have a look at my Flickr photo gallery and leave a comment.
Galleries in Pbase : Ambon & Maluku, Bangka & Bali, Komodo & Maumere, Moalboal, Mabul & Sipadan.
Vanuatu incl.SS Pres.Coolidge wreck.

#24 teqp

teqp

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

blibecap

I bought some ULCS arms and clamps from Bill. Very honest and reliable. This was a very easy transaction. Would recommend.

#25 GHP

GHP

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

Just wanted to say that this forum is first class for purchasing or selling items, nothing to do with ebay, thanks to honest likeminded members.
I'll add my own experience while I was busy trading these last months. so thumbs up to these highly recommended traders :

- Gary/ GHP who purchased from me a Ike dual sync chord (still between Paris and the Uk at the moment) and paid me at supersonic speed.

Thanks to Luko for sending the above mentioned cable so quickly, it arrived a couple of days after posting.
Very nice to deal with. Polite, courteous, and speedy.
After all, good manners cost nothing.

#26 GHP

GHP

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

Also, thanks to GUDGE, from whom I bought a small but important ULCS mount for my SB-105.
Item arrived within a few days. Amazing, considering it came from the middle of no-where.(Well, Exmouth in Aus, that is !! )

#27 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

Purchased a dslr set up from Marjo. delivery was fast to the UK. Payment was made through PP. The rig was not for myself but a relative who is off to Cocos for christmas.

Cheers Marjo

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#28 rschrager

rschrager

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

Five stars to Elmer Yu ("EYU"). A pleasure to deal with. Bought a Lowepro Roller 3; paid for it on Thursday and had it on Friday.

Bob

#29 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:12 AM

Purchased a Canon 17 40mm lens from WP member delwagne great price, great communication and delivered from the US to the UK in a couple of days.

All the best Dennis

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#30 Knifer

Knifer

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Bought a DS-51 strobe, ev control, tray, and arms from tonyinasia. Paid via paypal, was shipped the next day and received 3 days later. Everything looks brand new even though some was used.
Canon A570 IS with Ikelite housing and DS-51 strobe
Flickr

#31 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

I bought an Inon macro lens from WP member NCmermaid and everything worked out great! :)
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#32 Mary Malloy

Mary Malloy

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Any species I haven't seen and big stuff.

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

I bought a strobe from DIRDavid or bax737 (Its the same person)

I did not receive all the accessories I was supposed to. Still unresolved and communication now lacking.
I would not deal with this person again.

Regret having to make this post

Mary
Nikon D700 in Nexus D200/Sam Chae conversion kit
Lenses: 8
Strobes: 5
Ideas: 0

www.marymalloy.com.au

#33 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:36 AM

I have to unfortunately echo Mary's post. Purchased 2 DS-51 strobes from "DIRdavid" who later made it obvious he was also "bax737". Claims they were shipped, but have not received them to this day (well over a month now from the alleged shipping date).

Communication was lacking from the beginning -- didn't even get the claim he'd shipped them until after opening Paypal Dispute. During dispute never got the requested postal receipt scanned and emailed to me. Dispute escalated to claim and was ruled in my favor, but money somehow "can't be recovered from his account". Usually this only happens because people delete all their funding information to prevent it. (I'm now beginning to understand a prior rant I read by someone else about Paypal :blink: )

Off to call my credit card holder and try for a chargeback. But in short, David Baxter is not someone I would choose to do business with again, even if the strobes or my money do magically 'appear' someday.

(EDIT: And I feel bad that the last 2 postings on this thread are negative, although both involve the same seller. I am compelled to state I have bought other items as a result of WP postings from other sellers over the years that went very smoothly, just unfortunately didn't post in this thread to thank them as I probably should've!)

Edited by rtrski, 18 August 2009 - 06:43 AM.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#34 delwagne

delwagne

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

Thanks JD,

Dennis Wagner

#35 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

Thanks JD,

Dennis Wagner

I bought the cords from the same ad. Dennis sent them quickly! Great condition. Great communication. A highly recommended seller!!!
Thank you!!!
Tom ;)

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.

http://www.salmonography.com/

#36 Don in Colorado

Don in Colorado

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

paquito

5 Gold Stars

Purchased an Ikelite smart charger from him. Excellent communication. Fast shipping. A great experience.

#37 paquito

paquito

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

Kudos to Don in Colorado as well !!!! Terrific to deal with, great communication, straight forward, great experience!!

If Don wouldn't mind sharing a little of the spot light, I'd also like to expand my thanks and gratitude to members
proveg
rcalvin
blibecap
tcalver
Pgunderson

All smooth transactions and fantastic to work with. Everyone was non-nonsense, easy to deal with and communication was terrific.
High recommendations and regards to all of them!

#38 danielandrewclem

danielandrewclem

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, fish

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

I was feeling seller's remorse over my 20D housing, when along came cemkur offering a used Ikelite 20D housing and a few other items for a very good price. A few days later, I have a housing again, which I will use this weekend on the Cape to photograph my two-month-old on his first swim. Very pleased.
Flickr 5D Mk II & 20D | Ikelite

#39 JvA

JvA

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:50 AM

I bought a dome port and strobe arms from ornateghostpipefish for a very good price.

Very quick email responses; package was posted within an hour after payment. Materials received in excellent condition.

#40 Saint08

Saint08

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

I would like to also compliment another First Class Seller A+++++, Eyematey/Steve

I bought a new Patima G9 Housing from him. Though he is not the direct dealer, the housing is REALLY NEW. Some people might use the gear for some time before selling off their item as "new", but Steve is really a highly reliable seller.

Very prompt reply through email.

Highly responsible: He mentioned that he will be away for a short trip so you wont be waiting and wondered why there is no news.

Item is very well packed and brand new. MINT Condition.

He also has his Ebay account under the name "Slafter" - 100% Positive Feedback. Highly Recommended Seller!!