197 replies to this topic

#181 raphaelgatti

raphaelgatti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

I forgot to leave my feedback for buying the Tokina 10-17mm from DocTock

The lens is in perfect condition like new, very kind and honest seller.

#182 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

+++++Sold a Dome to raphaelgatti. Super fast payment. Nice contact. +++++

#183 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

++++++ Sold housing to GWNDWN. Very fast payment. Nice contact. ++++++

++++++Sold Port to nickga69. Very fast payment. Nice contact.++++++

Edited by Joerg Trnka, 13 May 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#184 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Bought a 12-50mm Nauticam Port from Jethdlr, fantastic guy & great transaction. Thankyou :)

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#185 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

I recently purchase a dome port from David price and the product was poorly packaged arriving damaged, even more so than he explained it originally was.
I was aware I was getting a repaired shade for the dome but what arrived was severely damaged.  Dpaustex did not insure the package and takes no responsibility in the condition the item arrived in.  Buyer Beware.

On the rock that is Bermuda, if anyone is visiting let me know

#186 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Scuba. Photography. Mountains.

What else is there?

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

I have reported the false statement of njcfm to the Moderator.

His statements are false. He purchased a used item, that the description clearly stated had a cracked shade, and then wants me to buy him a new one, because it arrives with a crack?  Then comes on here and flames me. In over 150 online sales, I have never had a complaint.

I am then contacted several days after the sale to say there is an issue - that was already disclosed in the post, with the price reflecting the already disclosed issue????    Then he falsely states on other online posts that he bought the item on those posts?  In a court of law, this guy would be punished for making false and defamatory statements.

Completely not sure what this guy expects, for an item that was sold per the description.  I even ran this all by the owner of our LDS, that has been in busness for 30 years, and the Owner says this buyer is completely out-of-line.

I am sorry this man cannot read the original post, which states there is crack that has been patched.  The dome itself (the important part) was acknowledged by the buyer to be pristine, so the item was not mis-represented at all.  The statements, he has gone out of his way to post, are without merit of fact, and do not accurately represent the multi-day exchange of PMs regarding the pre-purchase communication - in which it was reiterated there was a crack that had been patched. This completely matches the original posting description, yet the buyer insists he has somehow been wronged.  An additional $35 price concession had been given on the item, and I have reasonably suggested he repatch the crack with a $5 tube of epoxy. Again, the item was disclosed to HAVE a crack.  Not sure why he gets on multiple posts and states he has been wronged, as the item was stated to have a crack, and does have a crack. This is :crazy:

Edited by dpaustex, 29 May 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#187 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

I have reported the false statement of njcfm to the Moderator.

His statements are false. He purchased a used item, that the description clearly stated had a cracked shade, and then wants me to buy him a new one, because it arrives with a crack?  Then comes on here and flames me. In over 150 online sales, I have never had a complaint.

He also asked me to falsify Customs paperwork.

What a guy.

I did not ask you to purchase a new one, I asked you to split the cost with me since the package you sent me was damaged due to poor packaging and not having insurance on it to cover the damage.

the customs paperwork doesn't even come into play because the package was shipped to NJ.

again, buyer beware.

Edited by njcfm, 29 May 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#188 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

1. Item was advertised as having a cracked shade.

2. Item was additionally discounted prior to sale.

3. Buyer complains of it having a cracked shade.

4. See item 1. Repeat as required.

#189 njcfm

njcfm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

1. Item was advertised as having a cracked shade.

2. Item was additionally discounted prior to sale.

3. Buyer complains of it having a cracked shade.

4. See item 1. Repeat as required.

it was advertised as having a repaired/patched shade.  It arrived cracked without any sign of a suitable repair, only after the fact did you post a picture of the shade cracked in half prior to your "repair".  No additional discount was given, you accepted my offer of a lower price.

I am complaining about how you handled communication, failing to take responsibility for poor packaging, and that you do not insure your shipments.

These are all things that future buyers should be aware of.

Now hopefully we can both move on our merry ways and save wetpixel from anymore back and forth drama.

Edited by njcfm, 30 May 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#190 dpaustex

dpaustex

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

What else is there?

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

it was advertised as having a repaired/patched shade.  It arrived cracked without any sign of a suitable repair, only after the fact did you post a picture of the shade cracked in half prior to your "repair".  No additional discount was given, you accepted my offer of a lower price.

I am complaining about how you handled communication, failing to take responsibility for poor packaging, and that you do not insure your shipment

I don't think Wetpixel cares.

In the many PMs we had, prior to the transaction - including my reiteration the shade was cracked/glued - you continue to spout balderdash and total inaccuracies - which is apparently your style.  You now have changed - once, again (surprise) - your verbiage ( without a "suitable repair"), yet don't mention the many PMs back-and-forth prior to your offer and my acceptance of the terms.

I would suggest you only pay full retail, for new items, with a manufacturer's warranty, as you obviously have comprehension issues of the written word, such as "shade has a crack".  When items are disclosed - and priced - with such items, and further concessions given, when is a deal ever done for you, when it's free?  When does your acceptance of the deal, after many PM's, pricing of the item, and further price concessions, mean anything? 

So I hope all future seller's know you expect something for nothing, even after the deal is done. You expect clearly disclosed items to be "like new", even though they don't say that. 

So in my 200+ online sales with zero (that means "none") complaints, you're the first. And then you mischaracterize things, to what end?  When the item says "has crack", and then we PM and I reiterate that, I'm really not sure what it is you won't/can't understand.

Edited by dpaustex, 31 May 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#191 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1739 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hi all,

Wetpixel does indeed care.

However, this is a commercial transaction between the two of you, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the forum. You have chosen to air your grievances over the transaction on here, and that is the "business" of a forum, but I am unwilling to censor the discourse by removing comments as both of you have asked.

I cannot tell you how to resolve this amicably, that is up to you to figure out...

However, I don't think the community will benefit by either of you knocking any more lumps out of each other on here. I will remove any more posts that are posted from now on about the transaction (beyond any saying that you have resolved the problem :))

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#192 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Bought a bulkhead fitting from eyu's for sale thread: http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=53369

Great communication and rapid shipment. Item exactly as described. Thank you Elmer

Tom

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.
www.flickr.com/photos/tomkline/

#193 raphaelgatti

raphaelgatti

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

I would like to thank lindai.

I bought a Nikon D7100 body from her. She was so kind and very helpfull.

She even delivered the camera in person, since was near her town.

#194 Binford23

Binford23

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I would like to leave positive feedback for

jasonhartup

He paid promptly, and there were no problems shipping to Guam.

Thank you, would certainly do business again.

He purchased my Nikon AFS 60mm lens.

Edited by Binford23, 20 June 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#195 makar0n

makar0n

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:diving, UW photography, bungee, horror and post-apocalyptic books/movies/games

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

Very positive feedback for kun1 - just recently got a Nauticam GH2 setup from him.

All in excellent condition, very good communication, professional and friendly. No problems with meeting in person as i preferred to pick it up myself (since shipping companies seems not to insure this kind of stuff :S)...he even picked me up from the station :)

Thanks Rob!

Edited by makar0n, 21 June 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#196 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Bought a pair of buoyancy arms from jasonhartup from this ad:

http://wetpixel.com/...365&hl=nauticam

Great communication and rapid shipment. Item exactly as described. Thank you Jason

Tom

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Canon EOS-1Ds MkII and MkIII and Nikon D1X, D2X, D2H cameras. Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 180mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 150D and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.
www.flickr.com/photos/tomkline/

#197 martinbgreen

martinbgreen

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Purchased ULCS arms and clamps from Dmanfish. Fast shipping and parts received as described / pictured. Would not hesitate to buy from again.

#198 megtooth

megtooth

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Had a great experience purchasing a Nauticam/Inon setup for my 7D sold by kwicker.  Well packed and shipped quickly.  Well care-for gear too!  Thanks and all my best!