2 replies to this topic

#1 mandersonphoto

mandersonphoto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

SOLD

I was just referred to this forum by a sales associate at Gates. Not sure why I hadn't ran across it before now, but glad I found it. Look forward to looking around. The reason I was originally directed to wetpixel.com was in regards to a H38 housing that I have for sale. I just posted it on eBay, but though there might be someone on this forum whom might be interested (or know someone). Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Mark Anderson
(contact info removed)

Here's the posting I recently made on eBay (ends Jul-28-08 13:47:31 PDT):

Hasselblad H38 Peterson Gates Underwater Housing for 903 SWC, 903SWC (Superwide). It's in excellent condition. I've tried to show quite a few different views, including close-up areas of any wear. As is typical with diving and underwater photography, just getting in and out of the boat unfortunately adds a little handling wear. Any scratches were immediately treated so they wouldn't oxidize, mostly on the viewfinder, which was often used as a handle by the boat crew (I understand they later removed the viewfinder from the next production run). The angle of view is so wide that one usually just points the housing, but I found the viewfinder useful as well. The back has a couple enamel chips on the top layer, but no oxidation at all. The dome is mint with no scratches.

The housing has been used maybe 50 times at the most. Fantastic housing!! It was developed in collaboration by Lee Peterson at Marine Camera Distributors and Gates with Hasselblad. It was designed to optically match the Zeiss Biogon 38mmm on the 903 SWC Superwide and take full advantage of it's unique (non retrofocus) optical design. I enjoyed using it immensely. It's so well balanced, that it weighs only a few ounces underwater. Over the years, I've found myself using it less and less, so it's unfortunately time for it to go. Included is all the original equipment as supplied by Hasselblad: gear and attachments, an extra o-ring, dome polishing kit, Hasselblad/Zeiss Bay 60 Proxar 2.0 (required to focus underwater), case, and the instruction manual.

After recently speaking with Gates, the housing is no longer available, as the last production run was sold out a few years ago. The selling price was $5575.00. I've place a starting bid of $3350 (Buy It Now $3750), which I think is quite a fair number for such a great housing. Let me know if you have any questions. More than glad to answer any questions you might have.

Attached Images

• 033.jpg

#2 stuart19diver

stuart19diver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever sold your housing because I also have the same housing as was thinking of selling it, as no longer is being used.

stuart19diver

#3 Angelos

Angelos

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever sold your housing because I also have the same housing as was thinking of selling it, as no longer is being used.

stuart19diver

Hi Stuart!
I would like to buy your housing. Let me know the cost of it.

Thanks.