• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 butchp

butchp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

New to the site and would just like to say hello and WOW WHAT A SITE!!!!!!!!! I have been out of diving and photography for a number of years and slowly getting back into the swing of things. The articals and advise on this site is nothing short of fantasic. My old setup was a NIk III and Ike 150 strobe - scanning some of the old slides and will post my best (far short of the work I've seen here tho - LOL) later. New camera is a Nikon D60 and standard 35-70mm VR lens. Any and all comments are welcome and thanks in advance for your time.

Sorry for such a long intro but you guys (and gals) have me pumped!!

Butch

#2 Graham Abbott

Graham Abbott

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving, diving, marine life, critters, rare animals, new species, mountain biking, Indonesia in general, San Francisco, music and a growing interest in art of all kinds!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

Long intro... you're joking aren't ya! That was short, some posters on here go on like their trying to re-write the bible or something....

Great to see ya online here, just make sure you keep postin', keep askin' and keep the fire burning...

Can you send me some of that gud ole Tennesse BBQ, or at least just tell me about those flavours! I hope to get down that way some time in my life to eat my way round!

#3 butchp

butchp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Long intro... you're joking aren't ya! That was short, some posters on here go on like their trying to re-write the bible or something....

Great to see ya online here, just make sure you keep postin', keep askin' and keep the fire burning...

Can you send me some of that gud ole Tennesse BBQ, or at least just tell me about those flavours! I hope to get down that way some time in my life to eat my way round!

If you are coming from Bali to eat 'Q I'll cook all the butts and ribs you can eat!!!!!!

BP

#4 Graham Abbott

Graham Abbott

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving, diving, marine life, critters, rare animals, new species, mountain biking, Indonesia in general, San Francisco, music and a growing interest in art of all kinds!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

have you ever heard of Smokestack Lightning? It was a book that went on to become a documentary about BBQ'd food!

#5 butchp

butchp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

have you ever heard of Smokestack Lightning? It was a book that went on to become a documentary about BBQ'd food!

No I haven't. Might be a good read - I'll check it out this weekend.

BP

Edited by butchp, 01 August 2008 - 03:42 AM.

#6 kevphol

kevphol

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

Hey Butch, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in Memphis and still have family there.

Kevin

#7 Graham Abbott

Graham Abbott

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

No I haven't. Might be a good read - I'll check it out this weekend.

BP

Also check out the doco at Smokestack Lightning

Let me know what you think of the clip, if you like, order a copy. It's an amazing insight into real BBQ foods, real characters who are truly passionate about food with great music too!

#8 butchp

butchp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:20 AM

Hey Butch, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in Memphis and still have family there.

Kevin

Hey Kevin

I was born in Memphis but I've lived in Chattanooga most of my life.

#9 TN DIVER

TN DIVER

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, U/W Photography, Sharks and fast cars!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hey Kevin

I was born in Memphis but I've lived in Chattanooga most of my life.

Hey Butch Im in Brentwood - we should get together and compare notes and dive stories - Visit My Website
TN DIVER / Stevenandersonphotography.com

#10 butchp

butchp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

Love to!!

Got laid off the first of Dec.08 so my plans are sort of in limbo but got a new job now and trying to get back into the swing of things. New job will put me in Aruba from mid May to end of July. Can't miss out on diving on the company nickle!!!! If you have any info on dive shop there let me know.

Butch Palmer