6 replies to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5844 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

Join Wetpixel's Shawn Heinrichs and the Liquid Assets team on a chartered adventure to Turks & Caicos this coming September. The Liquid Assets crew will be filming their new dive television pilots and are offering guests the opportunity to witness how their favorite dive programs are filmed and even be part of the next generation of dive television. Every diver that joins will receive free copy of the pilot. This week also offers a non-standard itinerary with visits to rarely explored walls and pinnacles. Wetpixel will be sponsoring a photo competition for guests aboard the Explorer II with winners receiving a cash prize and promotion through Wetpixel and LiquidAssets.

Posted Image

Itinerary:

Our itinerary includes 8 days and 7 nights departing Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos on September 20, and returning on September 27. The luxurious 124-foot M/V Turks & Caicos Explorer II accommodates 20 passengers each week in 10 air-conditioned double staterooms. Water temperature will be in the mid 80šs, with visibility peaking at 100+ feet.

More information:

http://wetpixel.com/...-sep-20-27-200/
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 mrjamesm

mrjamesm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hi there,

Is anyone here signed up for this trip (or have I missed that thread)?

Having read the liquid assets web site a little harder (having these dates for this trip suddenly come available was a real plus for me so I got very excited and booked myself on), I'm a litttle concerned that I'm about to appear in the ocean going version of Big Brother!!!

From their website...

""The Over/Under" is reality television as no one has ever seen it: chronicling the highs and lows of a live-aboard dive crew as it unfolds. It's a behind-the-scenes look at not only the great diving that's only accessible by live-aboard dive vessel, but also a month in the life of a captain, purser, engineer, dive crew and diving guests. The dramatic interaction that unfolds between them has, until now, gone virtually unpublicized."

Anyone else in?
Canon 20d, Ikelite TTL Housing, DS-125 strobe
18-55mm , Canon 60mm Macro, Tokina 10 - 17mm

#3 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5844 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

James -- Shawn will be on the trip, but I'm not sure if anyone else has booked yet. It was a bit last minute, but looks like it will be fun. :bananashark:
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

If they really want to move the spots, they should just let a few talent agents know and I'm sure they'll have models and aspiring actors all signing up. LOL

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 mrjamesm

mrjamesm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

You're not helping.... :bananashark:

#6 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

How about if it included ONLY hot female (or male depending on your disposition) actors and models in skimpy outfits?

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#7 mrjamesm

mrjamesm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Could I be on the audition panel??

Hang on - now you're distracting me!

Has anyone actually been on a boat where there was sufficient action worthy of being on tv? Actually - has antone seen reality tv that was worthy of being on tv! :bananashark: