2 replies to this topic

#1 JimSwims

JimSwims

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hello Wetpixies,

after being asked for the umpteenth time by my regular dive buddy Cal did you see the whatchamacallit on Wetpixel I thought it was about time I had a proper look and registered

rather than have just a cursory skim through. Like my buddy Cal I hail from Melbourne in the state of Victoria which is in the south eastern corner of Australia, I'm a regular diver getting

out most weekends and some weeknights, weather and girlfriend permitting, mostly doing shore dives and occasionally getting out on a club boat. I have a deep fascination for the natural

world and love the water so naturally got into SCUBA. A little over 18 months ago I took the leap into UW photography following in the footsteps of my late auntie & uncle who were

keen UW photographers themselves. I use a Fuji E900 in an Ikelite housing with a DS-125 strobe and Inon WA and macro wet lens, this set-up has far exceeded my expectations and

enabled me to capture some great images to share with family, friends and peers. Some of you may already know me from other forums and I look forward to sharing and learning with

you all. Please feel free to browse my images on Flickr and comment/critique on them.

I'll also post some of my faves by way of introduction as well.

Cheers,

Jim ^_^

My photostream on Flickr My gallery on Redbubble

D90 in Nexus; 60mm, Woody's Diopter, 105mm, SubSee +5 & +10 magnifiers, 10-17mm, Kenko 1.4 TC, 10-24mm, 18-55mm & Inon Z240 strobes.

#2 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

you all. Please feel free to browse my images on Flickr and comment/critique on them.

I'll also post some of my faves by way of introduction as well.

Jim ^_^

Hey Jim

Welcome. Took a look at the shots and very very good ones in there. Where Is It made me laugh, I think all use are familiar with that situation. :)

#3 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3015 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi Jim!
Hey all, I have had the pleasure of looking at Jim's images on Flickr for the last few months and I just wanted to give you another nudge to go take a look at his web page. He is doing some amazing macro work.

Welcome to the asylum Jim. "Good on ya"! ^_^
Steve (Jaw's dad)

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom