• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astrl

astrl

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:19 AM

Hi all! I just got back from the Flower Gardens and I have tested the disc steno (CD Burner) in the field.

The device works well! I was able to use the Compact Flash converter with my xD cards and burned all of my pictures on one CD (I was using SHQ). It created a different session for each disc. I used the the power adapter, so I haven't tested the system using the rechargeable battery yet. I'm pretty pleased!

astrl :D

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:29 AM

Can't wait to see some photos! Did you guys see anything unusual?

Cheers
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 astrl

astrl

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:52 AM

I saw a reef shark (no pic :( ), some spotted eagle rays, spotted moray, coral banded shrimp, and a stingray. Also saw some blennies hiding in barnacle shells. Too bad I didn't have my camera on that dive. :(

Some of the group saw more than I did. They saw an octo, several rays, sharks, etc.

I'll post some of the pics as soon as I get them sized down and touched up a bit. I'm still working on setting up a site online so I can upload everything.

We weren't able to get a line on a rig, so we did a "Southern hot drop"... the divemaster's name for it not mine. :D

It was a great trip!

astrl

#4 JohnJohnsonIII

JohnJohnsonIII

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:23 PM

I have tried out the Apacer as well. I got one of the first ones off the line and tried it out in West Palm Beach in early June. Worked like a champ on rechargeable battery. I don't know for sure, but the battery life didn't seem up to the claims they made, though. But I used the CF adapter as well as the Smart Media slots and it was awesome. Love it!

--John
John Johnson - Freedive Photo Fanatic
www.onebreathphoto.com
Canon 20D, Ikelite housing, 18-55mm, 10-22mm, 100mm
dual Ikelite DS-125s, lots o ports...
Olympus 2020/4040/5050
PT-005/PT-010/PT-015
Dual Inon Z220 - the freediver's DREAM
Inon WAL/Inon,Dome Unit
UN WAL/UN Macro