• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

I just bought a WP-DC21. There was no manual in the box. Was there supposed to be one? If so, I guess I will try to get one from Canon next week.

In the meantime, is there an online resource somewhere, perhaps a pdf of the manual that I can read?

One other question. The "lens" part of the housing seems to have some kind of delicate film on the surface. Are there any special instructions regarding the care and maintenance of that part of the housing?

I am a professional commercial photographer, but a complete noob to underwater. Very excited to learn more!

Cheers

#2 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Photo Dude at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

i went shopping for one of these last week, the one my buddy bought didnt have any protective film on it - so i would think it can be peeled off, but did have an instruction manual.

I have the camera, housing and manual sat here if you have any questions.

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio in an photographer owned / operated resort

#3 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

Hi

Try TheUserManualSite.com

Cheers

Hal
Canon Ixus 950is in WPDC-15 housing with Inon accessorization (D2000s strobe, UWL105 and UCL165 lenses).

#4 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

It's no a peel-off plastic film, it's just something like a delicate, very soft, very clear, coating....

Nice site, but sadly no manual posted there...
I guess I'll call Canon!
Thanks

#5 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

I have the same housing. Mine looks to have a non-reflective coating. Not certain if that is what you are seeing but it looks similar to those on lenses.

I do not recall if mine had instructions but I have not really needed any for previous OEM canon housings. So I hoping the same is true here.

Some have stated that its good to avoid mixing the housing in rinse tanks with anti-fog. Effects the O-rings in a negative way, as I recall. Since you are new, thought you might not have seen that tip.

Dave

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#6 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Some have stated that its good to avoid mixing the housing in rinse tanks with anti-fog.

Well, I know I have a lot to learn: I have no idea what this means!

#7 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

Well, I know I have a lot to learn: I have no idea what this means!

Dive boats sometimes have rinse tanks for masks. People use anti-fog compound on those masks. Some say this can cause bad effects to the O-Rings sealing your housing buttons and camera opening on your housing. So rinse the salt off but only in Camera Only tanks.

I carry a very sturdy waterproof bag with fresh water in it so I have my own rinse tank.

Hope that is clearer.

Dave

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#8 thatleetboy

thatleetboy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

Dave

Thanks for explaining that... I have a commercial job to shoot in a swimming pool, most of the image will actually be above the surface. I guess I should try to find some FAQ links and read up on the basics!

Cheers