ALMOST Great Shots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tubino

tubino

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Vacuum tube audio, vintage hi-fi, horn speakers, Tannoy dual concentric speakers.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:58 AM

I bet I'm not the only one who comes back from a dive with a shot that would have been great (for my level) if not for that [insert event]. I wanted a nice picture of this blenny, and would have had something to show if not for this darting fish that came right in between.

Posted Image

I think it's sort of funny, and thought maybe others could share examples.
Nikon D300s, Ikelite housing + 2 Ike DS-160. Tokina 10-17 fisheye, 11-16mm, Sigma 50 macro, Nikon 105 VR, SubSee Magnifier.

#2 Nakedwithoutcamera

Nakedwithoutcamera

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

Well, I'm at work so I can't post the photos because they are on my home computer, but I have a couple like those, especially the shots of hammerheads in Galapagos with fish blocking the end of their eyes. I never thought I would pissed off at seeing so many fish. ;)
Ellen B.

#3 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

Always happens to me too. Makes you appreciate the really good ones even more!

#4 frogfish75

frogfish75

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

My contribution...

Attached Images

• 0805_Maldives_128.jpg

#5 tubino

tubino

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Vacuum tube audio, vintage hi-fi, horn speakers, Tannoy dual concentric speakers.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:46 PM

Nice one, Frogfish! That's a great example.

It was pointed by someone more knowledgeable than I (a large, non-exclusive club) that my botched shot is of a redspotted hawkfish, not a blenny. Which makes it a double-botch on my part, I guess. You might say I didn't know what I didn't get.
Nikon D300s, Ikelite housing + 2 Ike DS-160. Tokina 10-17 fisheye, 11-16mm, Sigma 50 macro, Nikon 105 VR, SubSee Magnifier.

#6 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hi

I seem to have more of these than good shots. When night diving the problem is krill....(and shadows, and exposure, but you get the idea)

Burr_Fish.jpg

Cheers

Hal
Canon Ixus 950is in WPDC-15 housing with Inon accessorization (D2000s strobe, UWL105 and UCL165 lenses).