4 replies to this topic

#1 SwissInOz

SwissInOz

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

G'day everyone,

Finally getting more into underwater photography there is no way around Wetpixel - looking forward to sharing information and gathering advice!
I learned diving in the lakes of Switzerland, having done around 200 dives there and at other (nicely warm) places before relocating to Sydney, Australia, on a contract for 2 years. I definitely enjoy the diving down here - not even in winter it is necessary to have a dry suit or a thermos bottle of hot water to warm the wet suit and body before the dive! Diving in Sydney is excellent - and I didn't even get much into boat diving yet as the shore dives are truly fantastic! The most memorable experience I made happened only a few weeks ago, when my buddy Matt and me were close to be swam over by a humpback whale (see flickr...)

After snapping around with a Sony DSC-P200 P&S for a few years I finally bought myself a Canon G9 with Ikelite housing and Inon Z240 strobe. I am just getting used to the new possibilities and especially the handling of the strobe. Any criticism and comments on my pictures are therefore most appreciated!

Ok, enough of me... I usually post my better shots on my flickr page (including the ones taken with the old camera). I recently also set up a thumbnail gallery of my underwater shots with the G9.

Nice to meet you all!
Roland

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3049 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hi Roland<
Welcome to Wetpixel! Glad you posted your page for everyone to sea.
Have fun,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 slarson650

slarson650

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

G'day everyone,

Finally getting more into underwater photography there is no way around Wetpixel - looking forward to sharing information and gathering advice!
I learned diving in the lakes of Switzerland, having done around 200 dives there and at other (nicely warm) places before relocating to Sydney, Australia, on a contract for 2 years. I definitely enjoy the diving down here - not even in winter it is necessary to have a dry suit or a thermos bottle of hot water to warm the wet suit and body before the dive! Diving in Sydney is excellent - and I didn't even get much into boat diving yet as the shore dives are truly fantastic! The most memorable experience I made happened only a few weeks ago, when my buddy Matt and me were close to be swam over by a humpback whale (see flickr...)

After snapping around with a Sony DSC-P200 P&S for a few years I finally bought myself a Canon G9 with Ikelite housing and Inon Z240 strobe. I am just getting used to the new possibilities and especially the handling of the strobe. Any criticism and comments on my pictures are therefore most appreciated!

Ok, enough of me... I usually post my better shots on my flickr page (including the ones taken with the old camera). I recently also set up a thumbnail gallery of my underwater shots with the G9.

Nice to meet you all!
Roland

#4 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Are you based North or South Sydney? Some great shots you've got! Give us a shout if you ever need a buddy I'm normally in the water once or twice a week around the area.

Welcome!

Jon

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#5 Lndr

Lndr

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hi Roland !