5 replies to this topic

#1 scuba-s

scuba-s

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

I am looking at buying the stix system but i have an ikelite housing,
,i have the standard ikelite straight arm that clicks into handle and want to attach the stix arms to it,
can you use ikelite clamps on stix arms and can you use stix clamps on ike handle arm, are the ball joints the same size?
i am looking at getting the 9inch arms do you think this will give me a wide enough spread for wide angle as i don"t want to go overboard with the arms

#2 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:05 AM

Are you sure you'll need them with an Ike housing? Those things are one big air bubble.
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#3 scuba-s

scuba-s

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

from what some divers are saying the ike with the macro port can be a bit negative,i am looking at getting 2 ds125 and with 2 strobes it will definitely be negative ,don"t know if i should go with 2- 6inch arms per strobe or 1- 9 inch per strobe thats if the stix arms work on the ike ball joint

Edited by scuba-s, 02 October 2008 - 03:02 AM.

#4 shark6047

shark6047

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:23 AM

from what some divers are saying the ike with the macro port can be a bit negative,i am looking at getting 2 ds125 and with 2 strobes it will definitely be negative ,don"t know if i should go with 2- 6inch arms per strobe or 1- 9 inch per strobe thats if the stix arms work on the ike ball joint

I have the STIX 9" arms with the jumbo floats and I also bought the Macro belt for my 100mm. They work great.
I have a Canon 30D in Ikelite Housing w/2 DS125's....yes it is negative, I don't know about any air bubble, mine sinks.

They have 1" ball joints just like ULCS so if that is the size of your clamps you'll have no problems. I'm going to buy more arms either the 4 or 6, haven't decided yet.

Good luck and I hope my comment helps

ed
Ed Blackshaw
My pictures

Canon 30d, Ikelite Housing w/2 DS125s
Tokina 12-24, Canon 60, and 100mm macro

#5 scuba-s

scuba-s

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

I have the STIX 9" arms with the jumbo floats and I also bought the Macro belt for my 100mm. They work great.
I have a Canon 30D in Ikelite Housing w/2 DS125's....yes it is negative, I don't know about any air bubble, mine sinks.

They have 1" ball joints just like ULCS so if that is the size of your clamps you'll have no problems. I'm going to buy more arms either the 4 or 6, haven't decided yet.

Good luck and I hope my comment helps

ed

thanks for the info, I will be getting my ike housing for my 40d in 2 weeks ,so you find the 9 inch arms ok i am torn between the 2 -6 inch and the 1-9inch per strobe but if i can get away with the 9 all the better :offtopic:

#6 RStyle

RStyle

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

I have an Ikletite with a D80, two DS160 two 12 inch ultralight regular arms and two of the gas filled ultralight arms
Sinks like a big rock with the 8inch dome

One jumbo and two regular Stix floats and it is slightly negative

With the macro port, two regular 9inch ulltralight arms and two nine inch gas filled arms plus the two DS160's (not enough money yet for 2 50's)
It sinks like a small rock

One jumbo and one regular Stix float in each arm and it is slightly negative.