Photo
- - - - -

Inon Straight View Finder (narrow) - New?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deep6

Deep6

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

We have commented on this topic periphery, but I did not find a title specify for the Inon view finders for non-Inon DSLR housings. I have seen an early version of the Inon straight view finder; very long. The "new" ones on the Inon page seem to be shorter; they stick out about the same distance from the back as the 45 deg. finders. Also, they are about 300 USD cheaper than the older models.

Anyone use or knows about this finder? How to adapt to Nexus back?

http://inonamerica.c...c...13&subcat=1

Carpe carp - Seize the carp

#2 bruceterrill

bruceterrill

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

We have commented on this topic periphery, but I did not find a title specify for the Inon view finders for non-Inon DSLR housings. I have seen an early version of the Inon straight view finder; very long. The "new" ones on the Inon page seem to be shorter; they stick out about the same distance from the back as the 45 deg. finders. Also, they are about 300 USD cheaper than the older models.

Anyone use or knows about this finder? How to adapt to Nexus back?

http://inonamerica.c...c...13&subcat=1

Hi Deep6,
If you carefully check the Anthis Japan site, and then purchase the special language 'service pack' for Windows, then follow all the correct instructions and have the pages translated into English, THEN, you still won't have a bloody clue! Nexus (Anthis) would be the most ignorant pack of pr#*+ks that I have ever had the misfortune of meeting! I use Anthis equipment and I absolutely love it, but I haven't got a bloody clue as to what everything is, or where they "HIDE" the English version of their product folders...
Anyway, the part number that you are looking for is #20589. Nope, I tell a lie, that's the part number for the 45 degree one for the Nexus D70/D80. The only way that I have been able to find out anything about the correct part numbers is to send a PM to "Yoko Qno" and ask him to translate and supply me with the correct gear numbers. Without his help, I would be up a creek without a paddle.
BTW, my local rep in Oz doesn't have a bloody clue either! I've been trying to find out about one for myself because my eyes have 'got old'.
I can't even find out anymore if the viewfinders are just "full screen" or slightly magnified?
HTH,
Bruce...

Edited by bruceterrill, 17 October 2008 - 02:58 PM.

#3 Deep6

Deep6

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

The only way that I have been able to find out anything about the correct part numbers is to send a PM to "Yoko Qno" and ask him to translate and supply me with the correct gear numbers. Without his help, I would be up a creek without a paddle.
BTW, my local rep in Oz doesn't have a bloody clue either! I've been trying to find out about one for myself because my eyes have 'got old'.
I can't even find out anymore if the viewfinders are just "full screen" or slightly magnified?
HTH,
Bruce...

:) Too right mate! Toshi makes great housings, but the jp site seems to be the only one with the complete and latest poop. I once found a fair english version of this site; can't find that link again ("Ricky don't lose that number ...") exhale. May be the honorable Yokosan can get a gig translating the site.
Thanks Bruce.
Regards,
Bob

Carpe carp - Seize the carp

#4 shchae

shchae

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

Best information I can find in english is
http://marinecamera....viewfinder.html
(MCD is offical Nexus importer in US)

and Is 'Yoko Qno' 'him' ? or 'her'...

Sam
D800/D4 in modified Nexus housing
and Nauticam D-7000 with Insect-eye lens.