• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atladvgirl

atladvgirl

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:22 AM

I recently bought a used Olympus C-7070 and the housing. My first underwater and professional camera. I'm taking it with me to South Africa to dive. Since I'm not going to have much time to experiment underwater to adjust the settings, can anyone suggest what settings I should put it on? I don't have a strobe yet. I hope to be diving with some sharks so I'll need to make sure the photos save quickly so I can easily take more photos. I manual that was provided wasn't the original manual and is very limited on the settings. Thank you so much for your suggestions!!!! LIke I said..I'm a newbie so any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

#2 Nalu

Nalu

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Watches, music, ales, photography, rugby, SCUBA

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

What kind of housing do you have? With no strobes, there might be some challenges with shark photos. Best dive at noon on a sunny day and stay shallow for the best lighting and highest speeds.

I'd recommend getting in the water (even if just a pool) and familiarising yourself with your camera kit now. You'll make a lot of crap photos the first couple of times and it's best to get them out of the way in a non-critical situation.

I have a 7070 and an Ikelite housing which I haven't had the chance to dive as yet. I've used a 3030/5050/Tetra for years with excellent results. But I use strobes and have not had much success with unlit photos. I'll be interested in hearing about your trip as I'm heading to RSA next year and plan to do some diving.
Cheers all,

Colin