5 replies to this topic

#1 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:02 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm trying out a new gallery package called Gallery v1.3.4. One of the reason's I picked this one is that is very easy to port over from my other package. Other reasons are that it is aesthetically much more pleasing, will display EXIF (my photos don't have it atm), and it does slideshows. Here it is:

http://www.reefpix.o...lude=albums.php

Make sure to try the slideshow feature, etc.

I'd appreciate it if you could comment on the new software's functionality. Do you like it? It doesn't have the backend database that MyEgallery had - so it's not as easy to enter "properties" for a photo or an album, and there is no robust search - but I wasn't really using that stuff w/ my old gallery software. The old gallery is here:

http://www.reefpix.o...ame=My_eGallery

Thoughts?

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#2 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 02:02 PM

James, nice revision to your site..........very easy to navigate the galleries, much easier than before

Still would like to see f stops and shutterspeed

Karl
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com

#3 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:46 AM

Karl,

Thanks for the feedback. I will be able to get the Fstop and shutterspeed info in the gallery now. Unfortunately, I've been using "save for web" with my shots, and it strips the EXIF info. I'll go back and redo the most recent photos and we'll see how it works.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#4 craig

craig

Full Moon Rising

• Super Mod
  • 2826 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:23 AM

I have trouble with the black text on the dark blue background. You may consider supressing the filename displays in favor of textual descriptions. That way you can avoid descriptions like "clownsux" ! Is the shutterfly feature a convenience to the viewer or do get some benefit from it?

Tesselated blenny looks as good as ever.
I love it when a plan comes together.
- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

------
Nikon, Seatool, Nexus, Inon
My Galleries

#5 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:43 AM

I'll agree with Craig, I would steer away from the black text/dark blue background combination. Other than that it looks good and seems to work well.
Why would I take a perfectly good camera underwater??
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

Photo galleries @ Ruaux.net

#6 Rob Esaw

Rob Esaw

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:29 AM

James, the new software is a tremendous improvement over the old stuff. Incidentally, the old pages did not fit on my laptop screen (loo large), but the new style does fit.

There is a lost link on the left 'galleries', probably because of the new software you are trying.

The blue print has to go, sorry.

Also - of the few shots I looked at, they seemed on the dark side (not sure if this is due to the laptop, or perhaps because of the dark tones on the website).

How do you find the time to set up such a pro site? Will you do one for me?????????????????