• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tjsnapper

Tjsnapper

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

no way. you guys are shot to !%$. I will be out with you both in the summer. I have seen a few of Rolands shots and he has some very good ones from under the pier. That anemone and shrimp is amazing. I will probably get a dry suit for the summer as my 7mm semi dry is too much hard work to get in and out of.

ive got another 6 weeks to wait til the maldives. :unsure:

Yeah Roland has some nice shots alright, I just want to get in the water and practice until I am happy with basic setup etc I am off to the Red Sea again last week in Jan so I want to be up to speed by then I reckon a couple of 1.5 hour dives a week at the pier should give me some good practice time (Weather permitting). Which Islands are you off to in the Maldives?
No diving for 3 weeks-- work work work.
Web:www.tristanjonesphotography.com
Email:info@tristanjonesphotography.com
Blog:Visit My Blog

#22 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

Which Islands are you off to in the Maldives?

we are doing a 2 week liveaboard on the Nautilus2. we have done 3 islands before ( kuredu, vilamendoo and fihal lhohi ) but have never done a liveaboard out there so hopefully we will be able to go to where the whalesharks are. our itinerary is pretty open and having 2 weeks allows us to cover quite an area. If i can get a cheap flight i will be heading back out to egypt after boxing day for a week to snag our apartment as it is due for completion then. obviously i will be getting wet a few times.

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#23 Tjsnapper

Tjsnapper

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sounds fantastic, I will content myself with Swanage until the end of Jan. I am still hoping for Australia in Feb (just depends on a contract) in which case I may well get to Port Lincoln for some Great White action :unsure:
No diving for 3 weeks-- work work work.
Web:www.tristanjonesphotography.com
Email:info@tristanjonesphotography.com
Blog:Visit My Blog