• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spectralsepia

spectralsepia

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

does anyone know of any excellent books on diving around all of australia? ive never seen one that talks about anything more than the reef...maybe we can collate a bunch of trip reports (with permission of course!) and make our own?!

#2 Parso

Parso

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

This web site could be of some help to you http://scubadiversgu....com/index.html. The author has written a series of books on diving different parts of the east coast of Australia. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Parso

#3 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

I picked a good one up when I first started diving here, I think it was an Atlas to Diving Australia, or something similar (I don't have it with me over the holidays though). I've seen a couple of others in book shops arond the place too.

Another good web resource is the info directories on DiveOz, members used to put up dive locations and descriptions.

Hope that's some help!

Ryan.
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#4 jonhanson

jonhanson

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

I have Diving Australia by Neville Coleman. It's a few years since i looked at it and i don't have it to hand right now, however i remembered it being useful. It covers more than just the GBR; diving sites on both the east and west coasts are covered.

jon
nikon D300 - seatool ND300 - 2 x inon Z240 - nikon 10.5mm FE - tokina 10-17mm FE - nikon 105mm VR.
flickr photos

#5 underwater

underwater

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

does anyone know of any excellent books on diving around all of australia? ive never seen one that talks about anything more than the reef...maybe we can collate a bunch of trip reports (with permission of course!) and make our own?!

There is a whole bunch of destination guides covering different areas of Australia in the underwater australasia bookshop

In general you will find which operator dives where and what's to see in the underwater directory for Australia

There are heaps of trip reports, photos etc of each of the regions in Australia that are diveable - for example Byron Bay my home town

Hope to see you all there :-)

Tim
Tim Hochgrebe
underwater.com.au
Australasia's most visited dive site
... Dive in, Explore, Discover ...

#6 Probie

Probie

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

Michael McFadyen's web sit is a great source of info on dive sites around Oz. Especially the East coast.
http://www.michaelmc...a.info/news.php

Happy hunting :good:

#7 wobby

wobby

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

I can recommend Diving Australia, as I co-wrote it with Neville Coleman. It is probably the most up to date guide for dive sites and dive operators in Australia, the last update was about 4 years ago.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nigel

Digital fisher

website - www.nigelmarshphotography.com

#8 pmerc

pmerc

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

Just FYI, There is some great stuff on the southern end of Oz.