• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 paquito

paquito

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

I think Udo's option looks to be the best so far. As an alternative, for a quick fix, you could get a couple of electrical wire connectors, the larger type and fit them atop the current Inon knobs. Though they would have to be snug enough as there is no set-screw. As said, its just a quick-n-dirty option while you wait for proper replacements.

#22 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 1766 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

Hi all,

The answer!

I ordered two of Jonas's Inon "knob extenders" last Friday. they were here in the UK on Wednesday, and I have just returned from diving them today. I have just spent an hour in 4 degree water, with a damp and very cold right dry glove, and could adjust the exposure settings on my strobes with ease throught. They have definately solved my problems with Inon strobes in cold water-I can't rate them highly enough.

They cost 8 euros each (and it was 2 euros for shipping to the UK). They are super easy to fit-he even supplies an allen key! They can be ordered from jonas.odell @bredband.net. I think they are a must for anyone using Inon strobes in cold water.

Best

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#23 Pfiffikus25

Pfiffikus25

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

Hi Folks!

Here how I solved the problem with the all too small knobs. After failing to remove the existing knobs, I decided to go for "overshots" to the existing ones. I know it should be possible to remove them as shown in this thread, but for some reason I did not manage.

I really got some good input thanks to this thread ...

Posted Image
Material is black POM (Delrin) with two stainless steel screws made to fit

Posted Image
The two screws are ground to fit in length and conical in the end to grip into the holes of the existing knobs

Posted Image
... from the side

Posted Image
... from the top

They work wonderfully ... happy diving, Wolfgang
P&S Camera: Canon A620 in Canon housing, ULCS tray and grip, Inon UCL-165AD close up lense with modified WP-DC-20 adapter
SLR Camera: Nikon D200, Aquatica housing, Nikon AF-S 60mm Micro, Tokina 10-17mm FE
Arms and Flash: ULCS arms, focus ligh holder, Inon Z-240

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#24 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Aprilia RSVR, VW Vans! www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Has anyone made a knob extender for the bottom left button? (to light the strobes up) I dont see a real need for the top left one extended as I turn the strobes on before I put my gloves on, just the top right and botttom left
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>

#25 Lasse

Lasse

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image

http://www.aquaphoto...o...&Itemid=251

#26 Newmediasoup2

Newmediasoup2

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

The knobs in Lasse's photo are made by Xit404.

#27 Pfiffikus25

Pfiffikus25

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Posted Image

Hi Lasse!

Thanks for the fast service with the Z-240 some weeks ago!

Since I have the possibility to make such stuff at home in my workshop, I decided to make my own ones. The saved money I can use for other gear, which is always needed, right! And the ones I made can be used blindly since I can feel the orientation of the button without looking. Handy during night dives. Do not know if this is the case with the red ones since I did not try them. Might be difficult to feel that nodge with 7mm gloves?

Cheers, Wolfgang
P&S Camera: Canon A620 in Canon housing, ULCS tray and grip, Inon UCL-165AD close up lense with modified WP-DC-20 adapter
SLR Camera: Nikon D200, Aquatica housing, Nikon AF-S 60mm Micro, Tokina 10-17mm FE
Arms and Flash: ULCS arms, focus ligh holder, Inon Z-240

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#28 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

An update on this. I have had these on my INONs for a couple of years, but had a problem on my last trip.

During transit, the strobe got a little squeezed and the extensions for the knobs acted as extra leverage and pealed away the back of the strobe (so that my power setting knob no longer contacted the mechanism below and there was a gap between the grey casing and black bak plate with all the writing on). I am 100% certain I would not have had this problem without adding this accessory.

The strobe has now been fixed by Inon UK - very quickly - and is fine (and has been pressure tested) - but I just thought I'd put this out there as a word of warning as something to watch.

Alex

p.s. Just to clarify - I will continue to use the extenders, but will take extra care when packing.

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#29 Eyeflow

Eyeflow

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

And then there are these:

Posted Image

by: xit404