Photo
- - - - -

Rumor or Truth? Inon Japan closing Inon America?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 CADiver

CADiver

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:潛水, 吃喝玩樂 !

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

... a shame that someone put a lot of hard work getting the brand and products market share in the Americas and then might be pushed aside (and into unemployment) once that work is done. .....

Sounds awefully familar in the world of business or employment .... seems espeically popular lately.

The USA newly elected president was born in the year of the ox and this is the year of the ox which makes it a very uphill year for him. 2009 will be a ride, fastern your seat belt. Happy Chinese New Year & keep shooting :-)
Dominic
Flickr: CADiver
Blog:
Nikon D90, Tokina 10-17, Nikkor 60, 105VR, Nexus, Inon Z240 IV, Hartenberger Nano, FixLED 1000DX.

#22 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:38 AM

Sorry to raise this to the top, but does anyone have an update on this issue? I see that Backscatter has listed the Z-240 as "temporarily unavailable due to lack of US based product support and warranty service". Has INON Japan truly messed things up this badly?

Mike

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#23 photomrw

photomrw

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

I'm not sure what is really going on with Inon America. I just spoke with Steve the other day and he was quite helpful in answering a question as to type 1, 2 or 3 strobes. I'm hearing that there should be someone US based that can deal with repairs, etc. If I find anything else out, I'll let you know. I do have my selection of Inons and have been happy but also back up with Ikelite DS 160's. So I have 2 of my 240 Z's for sale, IF anyone is interested.
Michele

#24 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

"It is a shame that this happened, as Inon America has been great to work with.

Our store will continue to support all of the Inon products we've sold in the past, and their warranties will be fully honored. Inon Japan will honor their obligations, and our company has an excellent track record dealing with Japanese vendors, so I don't expect radically different service response times than would have been offered by Inon America dealing directly with Inon, Inc".

Ryan, http://reefphotovideo.com/ seemed quite clear on this issue in his post. I just picked up two of the new Inon float arms to add to my macro system and Ryan had already delivered over thirty of the arms from his first shipment. I have also had a chance to use the new S-2000 strobes which are quite small and provide an outstanding value for those using wireless and fiber optic TTL.
NO wired scyn port.

Inon has just discontinued production of the now outdated Z-22 quad flash, but otherwise have one of the better product lines in the industry.

I also think it is a shame that Mark Rupert and crew have put so much time and effort into Inon America only to be shut out of the market in what seems to be a move by Inon to improve the bottom line.

Phil Rudin

#25 UWPhotography

UWPhotography

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

I'm either late to the conversation or just in time.

I bought a Canon G9 to use with my Inon D2000 and an Ikelite housing I am buying now. In searching for information on a compatible fiber optic sync set up, I discovered that Inon America is out the business. I am very disappointed at the news. I have flooded more than my share of strobes from bad sync cord O rings and cords.

I am looking forward to exploring the information available here.

BTW, there was a mention of an Inon UWL-100 being compatible with the Ikelite housing. Does anyone have details on that and what about the Inon UCL-165?

Thanks

#26 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

I'm either late to the conversation or just in time.

I bought a Canon G9 to use with my Inon D2000 and an Ikelite housing I am buying now. In searching for information on a compatible fiber optic sync set up, I discovered that Inon America is out the business. I am very disappointed at the news. I have flooded more than my share of strobes from bad sync cord O rings and cords.

I am looking forward to exploring the information available here.

BTW, there was a mention of an Inon UWL-100 being compatible with the Ikelite housing. Does anyone have details on that and what about the Inon UCL-165?

Thanks

Contact one of the dealers (for example, Reef Photo) who are now working with INON Japan. They should still be able to assist you . . .

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#27 Jason Dewey

Jason Dewey

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:my kids, and underwater photography!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Too bad they're gone in the U.S. - great strobes, never failed.