3 replies to this topic

#1 kthan

kthan

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 08:01 AM

Hi

When I pop my microdrive into the camera, it says " card not initialised" . How do I format the card with my S2? I have flipped thru the manual but there are no instructions for this. The card probably became unformatted after i erased some files via my card reader instead of the camera. Please help.

Thanks!

Eric

#2 marriard

marriard

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 08:33 AM

Hi

When I pop my microdrive into the camera, it says " card not initialised" . How do I format the card with my S2? I have flipped thru the manual but there are no instructions for this. The card probably became unformatted after i erased some files via my card reader instead of the camera. Please help.

Thanks!

Eric

It is in the main menu - you can either delete all images or 'Format the card'

#3 diverhead.com

diverhead.com

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:26 AM

Yup, if I remember correct, it will yell "Card not initialized" for a long time and hitting "Menu/OK" a few times does nothing. Keep hitting it and then you will be able to scroll to "format". Not the most user friendly aspect of the camera, but the only quirk I can think of.

#4 kthan

kthan

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:15 PM

tks guys. you are right. You gotta hit the menu a few times to get the format function to work. I thought i have to send my S2 in for servicing when i couldn't get the menu out.

Microdrive works like new now :unsure: