Photo

Hi from Siberia! (UK actually, but its pretty cold)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adrian

Adrian

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hi Guys n gals. I'm Adrian (name meaning man of the sea apparently how did my parents know?), from West Wales in the UK. First and foremost I'm a surfer, second a photographer. I've been taking surf pix for years, but I'm now taking the brave/foolish step of trying to earn some income from it. I've upgraded my kit to a Nikon D300 for land based pix, but as I've never ventured into the sea with a camera, wasn't quite ready to take the full step of getting a housing for my land based gear, so went down the DX1G route to test the water, and upgrade in the future if it works out. My local breaks are pretty heavy set-ups, so I'm a leeeetle bit nervous of taking the camera gear out, I'll let you know if it survives, as long as I do ;-)

The local leisure centres have asked me to take some underwater shots in the swimming pools as well, water babies etc. Should be fun! If any of you have any experience or advice you'd like to pass on in any (water based ;-) )environment, I'm willing to listen!

Did I mention that the ocean temperature over here has dropped to 5 degrees C? I just thought you should know that, having browsed all those wonderful shots from the Maldives etc.....

#2 Uneducated_Rick

Uneducated_Rick

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hi Guys n gals. I'm Adrian (name meaning man of the sea apparently how did my parents know?), from West Wales in the UK. First and foremost I'm a surfer, second a photographer. I've been taking surf pix for years, but I'm now taking the brave/foolish step of trying to earn some income from it. I've upgraded my kit to a Nikon D300 for land based pix, but as I've never ventured into the sea with a camera, wasn't quite ready to take the full step of getting a housing for my land based gear, so went down the DX1G route to test the water, and upgrade in the future if it works out. My local breaks are pretty heavy set-ups, so I'm a leeeetle bit nervous of taking the camera gear out, I'll let you know if it survives, as long as I do ;-)

The local leisure centres have asked me to take some underwater shots in the swimming pools as well, water babies etc. Should be fun! If any of you have any experience or advice you'd like to pass on in any (water based ;-) )environment, I'm willing to listen!

Did I mention that the ocean temperature over here has dropped to 5 degrees C? I just thought you should know that, having browsed all those wonderful shots from the Maldives etc.....

Hi Adrian, I'm new here too and also in the UK.

Where abouts in West Wales are you from? I studied at Uni in North Wales and my girlfriend is from Llanelli so know Wales a bit
Canon user - help me chose a housing system