• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

I was getting some stuff framed at a nice shop here in New York recently when then owner asked I if I would be interested in hanging any of my work in the shop for sale.

I said: "Sure, let's talk about it ..." As a next step towards that end, I put together a small online gallery to show him some of my other photographs.

Here it is ... CLICK FOR ONLINE GALLERY

Any suggestions on how to price something like this and basic terms? The prints will likely range from 8 x 10 to 30 x 45.

Comments on the work as well as the business proposition are most welcome.
Jeremy Payne
My Website

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3022 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi Jeremy!
I only get one image to come up partner.

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hi Jeremy!
I only get one image to come up partner.

Steve

Sorry - uploading a bunch of stuff as we speak ... should have known better ... webserver shares the same connection.

Try again.
Jeremy Payne
My Website

#4 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

Sorry - uploading a bunch of stuff as we speak ... should have known better ... webserver shares the same connection.

Try again.

I'm actually not sure why you had the problems you did. I had the same issue when I tried it from the office myself when there was no other network traffic.

I rebuilt the "postcard viewer" in Lightroom and it seems to perform fine from within my network.

Steve ... if you're out there ... give it another spin and tell me if it works - I want to call the shop owner today.
Jeremy Payne
My Website

#5 MatthewAddison

MatthewAddison

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

I'm actually not sure why you had the problems you did. I had the same issue when I tried it from the office myself when there was no other network traffic.

I rebuilt the "postcard viewer" in Lightroom and it seems to perform fine from within my network.

Steve ... if you're out there ... give it another spin and tell me if it works - I want to call the shop owner today.

It's working Jeremy. Taking a look now.
Nikon D3, S&S MDX-D3, S&S YS250 (2), Inon 45 viewfinder, ZEN underwater dome, 14mm, 17-35mm, 60mm, 110mm.
Outfitted courtesy of H2O Photo Pros - Newport Beach, CA
Visit My Website
Visit my educational not-for-profit foundation "saveourseas.tv"

A is A

#6 MatthewAddison

MatthewAddison

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:03 AM

I really like the B&W of the trees. The page takes a while to load so you may want to forewarn the gallery person to have patience. Hard to navigate around the page until each image loads. Nice group of work.

Edited by MatthewAddison, 12 February 2009 - 07:04 AM.

Nikon D3, S&S MDX-D3, S&S YS250 (2), Inon 45 viewfinder, ZEN underwater dome, 14mm, 17-35mm, 60mm, 110mm.
Outfitted courtesy of H2O Photo Pros - Newport Beach, CA
Visit My Website
Visit my educational not-for-profit foundation "saveourseas.tv"

A is A

#7 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

Ou man - You got some skills! :)
Are they all taken with G9 ?

Scubamoose
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#8 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

Ou man - You got some skills! :)
Are they all taken with G9 ?

Scubamoose

Thanks!

I think only 15 or so were taken with the G9 and the other 35 or so with a Nikon D700 ... not so easy to tell the difference at that size on a computer screen ...

They can both produce pretty sharp and colorful images ... but noise-wise it is not even close - ISO 80 on the G9 looks like about ISO 1600 on the D700.
Jeremy Payne
My Website

#9 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

I really like the B&W of the trees. The page takes a while to load so you may want to forewarn the gallery person to have patience. Hard to navigate around the page until each image loads. Nice group of work.

The trees with the snaky branch? Me too ... I like it in color as well, but it works REALLY well in B&W - kinda like a B&W rainbow. That was one of my first conversions using Silver Efex Pro - I'm digging it a lot.

I think the issue with this web "template" is that it loads all the full-sized images upfront ... I'm glad I tested it out ... The images aren't that big individually, but 50 of them at once takes a while even on a decent connection.

I think I'm gonna make 5x7 prints and make a small book for him to look at instead.
Jeremy Payne
My Website

#10 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3022 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi Jeremy,
I'm liking the book idea. It took a full 2 minutes for the page to load the first time on my cable. Only 5 secs the second time. Even then the images aren't really big enough for all your talent to show through.
Just my 2 cents,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#11 jeremypayne

jeremypayne

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

I'm liking the book idea.

I did 20 prints tonight on the 6-color HP and they look great - definitely the way to go.

I can't seem to use Lightroom to get good prints - I've been exporting to PS and printing from there.
Jeremy Payne
My Website