Hey do I have to yell from down here,

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Warren Elliott

Warren Elliott

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Primarily Film as in Underwater cinematograthy. Still in training though. Will soon be doing the TEK Course so that i can lead into rebreathers which should make filming more enjoyable. Hope to take this then into the adventures of cave and cavern diving. One thing at a time eh. Lets save the whales.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I mean when your this close to the bottom sometime you need to stomp your feet to be heard....especially when you get confused as being apart of Austailia...

Hi all I'm ''Warren'', or ''Wazza'', or ''that guy down under'', jumping on board to share and learn along side you all. Been diving since 2004, and activily doing video underwater for about a year, '(Still lots to learn). Made a few short reels based on experiences in the Great Barrier Reef and have had alot of fun doing so. I'm only using basic gear at the moement. A sony SR300 handy cam in a Ikelite housing with two 100wat halogen lights. Editing with windows movie maker.....okay stop laughting....

Looking at upgrading however to either Mac with final cut or Adobe prem....still undesided. Also thinking about the PMWEX3 and Equinox housing, a big jump I know I'm picking I should be able to pick up some work with that gear.

Anyway for those of you who hav'nt fiqured it out Im in New Zealand, and only know of one other U/W operator so would be kken to hear form other kiwis out there. Looking forward to sharing discussions with you all.

Cheers, beers, and thanks for the fish.

#2 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

Welcome... not too many of you kakapos on here... will look forward to your input.

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240

#3 deepsea

deepsea

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Photography, environment, education, as much diving and in water time as possible. Swimming with Humpback Whales and much more.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Not a kiwi, but welcome from someone else in the mighty South Pacific.
Nikon D200, Sea and Sea Housing, YS250 and YS90 strobes

Personal website http://beyondtheeye.ifp3.com

#4 Lndr

Lndr

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

G'day Wazza, welcome aboard :)

#5 Warren Elliott

Warren Elliott

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Primarily Film as in Underwater cinematograthy. Still in training though. Will soon be doing the TEK Course so that i can lead into rebreathers which should make filming more enjoyable. Hope to take this then into the adventures of cave and cavern diving. One thing at a time eh. Lets save the whales.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

G'day Wazza, welcome aboard :D

Thanks guys. Having to do abit of readnig to catch up on the discussions, and the friendly banter lol. But I'll get there. Interestingly, but not surprizingly, first responce was from an Aussy.

Edited by Warren Elliott, 22 February 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#6 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2278 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

You don't have to yell. We don't listen anyway.

Welcome aboard though. Any questions you have can usually be answered by someone on this board.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#7 thatporchdawg

thatporchdawg

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Kia Ora, Wazza! There aren't many Kiwis around (including me. I'm an American expat), but I'm at least in your neighborhood. Let me know if you ever get up to AKL and want to go for a semi-local dive.
Ken Bean
Aquatica - Canon 20D - Sigma 50, Canon 100 & Sigma 15FE - Sea&Sea YS90-DXs