• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ichi

Ichi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

Looking for :notworthy: Ikelite housing for my Oly E-330 (plus ports + 125DS strobe in the very near future :aggressive: ).
Payment through paypal and shipping would be to a good friend of mine who lives in the US (VA).
żAny still available?
Thanks !!

Edited by Ichi, 06 March 2009 - 07:44 AM.

Ichi

#2 Ichi

Ichi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:07 AM

UP !! :drink:
Ichi

#3 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

B&H photo's website still has them but listed as "special order" not in stock, and Ikelite's site still has them in the "current" model list for their Olympus page.

http://www.bhphotovi...er_Housing.html

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#4 Ichi

Ichi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

B&H photo's website still has them but listed as "special order" not in stock, and Ikelite's site still has them in the "current" model list for their Olympus page.

http://www.bhphotovi...er_Housing.html

Thank you rtrski! I considered that option .... but I was hoping to find a used one and save some $. Still looking.
:turtle:
Ichi

#5 scubadubadoo

scubadubadoo

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

Thank you rtrski! I considered that option .... but I was hoping to find a used one and save some $. Still looking.
:turtle:

some stores on the internet have used departments and I think B&H does as well, I could be wrong. Good Luck.

#6 nachogil

nachogil

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hi Ichi (AKA: "Pink Lady")

You can try in this website (secondhand section) www.dbuceo.com, is for Olympus Underwater users in Sapnish ;-)

#7 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:08 AM

H20 Photo pros is only asking $1300 for it now. Not sure if it's actually in stock or not - site doesn't seem to say.

http://www.h2ophotopros.com/index.php

Just had a funny thought - anyone ever 'shared' a housing via mailing back and forth? I mean, I only really get to use it perhaps 20 days out of the year - the rest of the time someone else may as well use it. Would have to have some trust in the other participant though in terms of proper care and fixing their own (non-cosmetic) damage by sending to Ike before shipping off to the next guy.

Sorry, random rambling, but if you noted my siggy you know why I got to thinking about it. "Renting" out my housing would no doubt void my equipment insurance. :P

Edited by rtrski, 05 April 2009 - 06:11 AM.

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#8 Ichi

Ichi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

Just had a funny thought - anyone ever 'shared' a housing via mailing back and forth? I mean, I only really get to use it perhaps 20 days out of the year - the rest of the time someone else may as well use it. Would have to have some trust in the other participant though in terms of proper care and fixing their own (non-cosmetic) damage by sending to Ike before shipping off to the next guy.

Sorry, random rambling, but if you noted my siggy you know why I got to thinking about it. "Renting" out my housing would no doubt void my equipment insurance. :)

I´ve also had your "funny thought" many times as well, and in fact, I know some stores are already offering this service with an additional insurance cost. If I can´t find a housing and ports by the time I head off back to the Red Sea in august, I may consider using this option. However, I´m not sure the mailing back and forth would work :) .... risky due to handling and taking forever with the actual mail service, or even worse, getting lost.
Only 20 days out of the year? :)
Ichi