4 replies to this topic

#1 NLAVD

NLAVD

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 11:31 AM

http://www.jaytreat....nd_02/index.htm

All were taken with an Olympus C-4040, Ike housing, & DS-125 strobe. Inon macro or WA lens used on some.

[Edited on 5-18-2002 by NLAVD]

#2 mark jones

mark jones

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2002 - 01:17 PM

a good collection of shots , what setting did you use the DS125 on ?

#3 snoack

snoack

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 12:03 AM

Very nice. I love your clownfish in gallery 3 !

One question: Were these pictures taken with a fixed ISO (like 100) or auto-ISO ?
(I'm asking this because the colors in some of your pictures are a bit flat. I had the same effect with my Oly. Setting the ISO to 100 fixed helped to bring out more color in macro shots.)

Sabine

#4 NLAVD

NLAVD

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 06:54 AM

Here are some answers for snoack and Mark. On the DS-125 I used manual settings for all of the (succesfull) wide angle shots and many of the closer shots. I had some success with TTL on the close-up shots but I believe there's still a problem with my slave sensor. I'll be looking into it. Because of the inconsistant TTL performance and my lack of experience with manual strobe control, it was largely trial and error at first. I eventually got pretty good at it. Of course this couldn't have happened with film.

I had the camera set on ISO 100 for the whole trip. If colors are flat, it's because I was too far from the subject or because I underexposed it (see above) and lightned it later. This will almost always wash out the color to some extent. I don't believe this was ever due to a camera setting.

#5 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 07:34 PM

WOW, tremendous collection of shots! I hope I can do as well with my DS-125 in Cozumel next month. Ikelite currently has the strobe and sensor, installing the updated component(s).

BTW, just viewed your slide show which was posted on Rodales a day back or so, SUPERB!!!
Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us