• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 pats0n

pats0n

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

I told you I don't have it with me here. It's on the server and I'll have to access on a slow line. I'll send it to you sometime when I get home.

Sorry, my English skills seem to deteriorate at night ! :D Thanks !

#42 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

I seriously think you guys need to get these shots into a book. They are amazing images. I am sure you would make a few out of it.

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#43 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10636 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

I think wetpixel quarterly will feature some of the guys' pics (not mine).

For those who wanted video, I don't think my videos will stand up to my bud Didier's so here is his work:

And here he is complaining about sharks... yet again..

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#44 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Very cool; think the color of his fins has anything to do with the sharks trying to chew on them? They look pretty similar to the prey.

Edited by loftus, 01 April 2009 - 05:23 AM.

Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#45 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10636 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

I ban bright colored (eg: yum yum yellow) fins on my boat. BUT in this instance the shark was lunging at the fish and Didier was in the line of the lunge. That's how most of the encounters go and if people don't pay attention, it's pretty hairy out there ( like that shooter who has 20+ stitches in 2007 to show for his stupidity in looking at the vf too long, in bad viz no less!)
I always say it's not all fun and games once you have big predators involved. Fortunately, most people will be in boats full of people and will probably not have such encounters. :turtle:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#46 scott_nielsen

scott_nielsen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Love to dive and travel. Now, I'm trying uw photography, have a lot to learn.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

wow, just absolutely fantastic guys! I think I would be a bit timid out there with all that but would love to see it one day. Thanks for sharing!
Camera, Nikon D300, Seatool housing, Inon Strobes.
One World, One Ocean, Let's Protect It!

#47 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

Outstanding!

:turtle:
Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us

#48 carlcarl

carlcarl

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Amazing.
Having seen such great photos, I decide to spend my every pennies to buy a new DSLR housing for my 5dm2.