Aquatica N90 Housing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW photography, land photography, reading, driving my wife/dive buddy nuts!

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:01 PM

I'm all digital now, so I'll be putting the Aquatica N90 housing on eBay (I sold the N90 camera body recently). I bought the housing new in 2000 from Helix. It was one of the ones that Nikon distributed for awhile, then got out of that market, and Helix bought much or all of the supply. Mine has the computer back which lets you preset three setups, then switch between them with the push of a button. A cool feature, and I don't think that Aquatica still makes the computer back.

I had a complete o-ring replacement done by Underwater Photo Tech in 2001 for piece of mind, then had them do a complete inspection and pressure test early last year. The housing is in excellent condition and has only made three dive trips (about 50 dives). I believe that the adjustable shutter release mechanism needs a slight adjustment, since, when I checked it recently, it seemed like not enough hesitation between autofocus lock and shutter release. The housing will include one macro port (with neoprene cover), which has a few very fine scratches that are not detectable on photographs. It also includes the instruction booklets for the housing and computer back and an extra new main seal o-ring.

I'll probably try to get $500 or so on eBay, but if anyone wants it now, I will take $400 + $20 Priority Mail shipping (to lower 48 states) if payment is made by PayPal or USPS money order. Check out my feedback (440 positives/1 negative) on eBay - my User ID is jimchambers.

I guarantee that the last time I used the housing (April 2002) it was in perfect condition. If anyone is interested, please email me at jimbo_limited@mindspring.com

I also have a like new (really!) Nikon 20mm AF lens if you're interested.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

Nikon D300 in Aquatica housing with housed SB800 flash.

#2 Miloe

Miloe

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 05:56 AM

Jim
Could you give me some info on the lens? I've been thinking of getting something around 20mm for above water stuff.
Thanks
Gary

#3 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW photography, land photography, reading, driving my wife/dive buddy nuts!

Posted 30 July 2003 - 01:00 PM

Howdy, Miloe. The lens is a Nikon 20mm f/2.8 D Autofocus. It's a superb lens, extremely small and lightweight.

Here are the specs:

Filter Size 62mm
F-Stop Range 2.8-22
Minimum Focus Distance 10.2"
Magnification 1:8.3
Angle Of View 94 Degrees
Groups/Elements 9/12
Length 1.7"
Max. Diameter 2.7"
Weight 0.58 lb

It's really a super nice lens. I originally bought it in 2000 to use with the N90 underwater. I loved macro and fish ID so much, however, that I never took it underwater. Then my wife surprised me with a 14mm for my birthday to use with the D100. The lens is absolutely like new, without a mark or scratch on it, with lens caps and original instruction sheet. B&H currently sells this lens for $430 (after a rebate). I would sell it for $325 plus actual shipping cost, and I guarantee that it's exactly as I described.

Thanks again for your interest!

Jim
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

#4 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:18 PM

Jim I am seriously considering your housing, drop me an email and we can work out some logistix.

#5 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:34 PM

Sold to Cybergoldfish! Thanks for all the serious inquiries, I really appreciate your interest.

I'm still talking with a couple of folks about the 20mm lens.

Thanks again to everyone.

Jim
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

#6 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:31 AM

I still have the Nikon 20mm if ayone is interested.

Here are the specs:

Filter Size 62mm
F-Stop Range 2.8-22
Minimum Focus Distance 10.2"
Magnification 1:8.3
Angle Of View 94 Degrees
Groups/Elements 9/12
Length 1.7"
Max. Diameter 2.7"
Weight 0.58 lb

It's really a super nice lens. I originally bought it in 2000 to use with the N90 underwater. I loved macro and fish ID so much, however, that I never took it underwater. Then my wife surprised me with a 14mm for my birthday to use with the D100. The lens is absolutely like new, without a mark or scratch on it, with lens caps and original instruction sheet. B&H currently sells this lens for $430 (after a rebate). I would sell it for $325 plus actual shipping cost, and I guarantee that it's exactly as I described.

Thanks again for your interest!

Jim
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia