• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RichardG

RichardG

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:20 AM

Currently if I want to give a slideshow I use the slideshow facility included as part of Windows XP. However I've been looking for an alternative way of doing this. In particular I'd like to find some software that

a) Allows a slideshow to be created with images from more than one directory without having to change or copy the contents of the directories.

B) Allows images to be displayed nearly full screen but with a plain border (without having to manually resize images). I'd like to be able to do this as I don't really like how the images appear when full screen on my laptop, but neither do I want to have the application's menus & toolbars visible.

I've tried quite a few of the trial versions of the software mentioned elsewhere in this forum but haven't yet found a package that does what I want. Does anyone know of any suitable applications?

Thanks,

Richard

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:05 AM

I use Proshow Gold by Photodex software. You can download and try their trial version. Purchase cost is like $50 if you like it.

It lets you mix in music, sync to music, export shows on CDrom, etc.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 RichardG

RichardG

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:01 AM

James,

Thanks for the recommendation. I've downloaded the trial version and have been quite impressed with it. It seems to be very good good for creating shows synched to music but I couldn't see a way of just creating a show where the slides are not changed automatically - letting the viewer change slides when they want e.g with page up/page down. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Richard

#4 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:10 AM

letting the viewer change slides when they want e.g with page up/page down.

ACDSee is great for this.
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#5 maecki2

maecki2

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 04:10 AM

You can also Use IrfanView for this. Itīs a bit tricky to get the pictures in the right order but you can make a exe or a .scr file out of the slideshow. In this exe thereīs everything included. You can also choose to make a automated slideshow or to click for a new picture.

Bye

#6 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW photography, land photography, reading, driving my wife/dive buddy nuts!

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:51 AM

I use IrfanView too. It's free and it's really an amazing utility, it handles an incredible number of file formats. And the slideshow part is quite good for a free utility.
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

Nikon D300 in Aquatica housing with housed SB800 flash.