3 replies to this topic

#1 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hey Hey,

Well I took a quick trip down to Melbourne over easter and managed to get a pool shot in with a friend of mine (Soomee.)

I wanted to use Soomee in a shot because shes got great style and attitude. However, she nearly froze as the water was cold and it was a windy , rainy day.

This shots are inline with some of my other recent work where i'm trying to get a bit more fun, play or funk into the camera.

The free falling burlesque

This was really hard to do and took a few attempts. It was mostly created in PS. This shot required a large amount of effort as the models foot was outside the white sheet in a few places. I tweakted the white balance to give the white sheet a slightly electric feel. I clone stamped and played with the colours on the sheet to even out the "links" between the images and make it flow a bit better. It could probably do with a little bit more work but I doubt itll ever get printed so im happy with it how it is.

no 1

Posted Image

The chair was hard to weight down and we ended up putting bricks on it

No 2

Posted Image

no 3

Posted Image

The wine was good fun. We tried a few different methods to get the wine in the glass but in the end the simplest was to pour it in at the surface and then Soomee just covered it with her hand. Although I do have an amusing shot of the model trying to pour wine out of a cask underwater ;)

no 4

Posted Image

no 5

Posted Image

no 6

Posted Image

Hope you've enjoyed them!

A big thanks to Soomee for the great job modeling.

Cheers

Cal

Edited by Cal, 19 April 2009 - 09:33 PM.

http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography

#2 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

Which pool did you shoot in Cal? (I ask because I am having difficulty finding somewhere to do a shoot like this) - its too cold for most model-types in the sea right now!

Be great if I could find a suitable pool in Melbourne to do a shoot that didnt want to charge me $150 and didnt mind me draping a sheet over the side.

Edited by Stephen Colquitt, 20 April 2009 - 06:04 PM.

#3 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

You just keep on suprising Cal!
Really nice work - keep it coming!
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#4 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Thanks guys!

It was a good fun shoot. The results are pretty average. I'm just not really happy with the lighting. They just appear too flat.

Back to the pool i guess!!!

Cheers

Cal
http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography