Photo
- - - - -

Going to the Northwest Dive and Travel show this weekend?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

Wetpixel and Wetpixel Quarterly will be attending the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington state this weekend, April 25-26, 2009. Matt Segal and I were up in Seattle last year to dive with six-gill sharks, and we found the local dive community to be some of the best hosts we've ever encountered. We've heard great things about this show, and are excited to be represented there.

Wetpixel will be in booth 925. If you'd like to go to the show and are interested in volunteering to help represent Wetpixel at our booth, we'd love to have you. Please email Michaela Brockstedt if you want to go!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

I too will have a booth (#805), as will several other WetPixel photo businesses. Great place to come play with new toys!

Washington State Fish & Game will be showing off a prototype the new dive site map "Beneath Emerald Seas" which I wrote, photographed and designed for them (as well as State Tourism and Island County). It lists about 46 sites for both shore and boat dives with other information for divers. The maps will be free and available in most all dive shops in the state and available online, probably in June.

Stop by and say hi!

Jack

Edited by JackConnick, 22 April 2009 - 05:43 PM.

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

UPDATE: Wetpixel will be in booth 925.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#4 davehicks

davehicks

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

UPDATE: Wetpixel will be in booth 925.

I got a chance to look at the WetPixel Quarterly mag and bought a subscription. Very impressive work!

Dave

#5 underwatercolours

underwatercolours

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:skinny dipping, sailing, snow skiing, water skiing, art galleries, classic cars, flying

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

I flew up to Seattle to help out in the South Pacific Island Travel booth and really enjoyed the show. Saturday was busier than Sunday, but we had a good crowd most the time. It was fun to see a lot of old friends too. I know that Ellen will be writing up a short report of the show, but here are a few more photos to add.

Posted Image
Jeff from Jack's Diving Locker in Kona entertaining the girls from Wetpixel

Posted Image
Me, Chris Huss, Kim from South Pacific Island Travel, and Terry from Underwater Sports

Posted Image
Me trying on the White's Fusion dry suit...it fit perfectly and is soooo comfortable! Yes, I bought it.

Posted Image
Jack and Sue Drafahl in the book signing booth

Posted Image
Ellen from Wetpixel and Jean from Aquatica

Posted Image
Paty and Tim from Scuba Club Cozumel

Posted Image
Mt. Rainier from the plane

#6 ornate_wrasse

ornate_wrasse

• PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

I flew up to Seattle to help out in the South Pacific Island Travel booth and really enjoyed the show. Saturday was busier than Sunday, but we had a good crowd most the time. It was fun to see a lot of old friends too. I know that Ellen will be writing up a short report of the show

Thanks for these images Bonnie! It was a most pleasant surprise to see you at the show!

Little did I know that working at the Wetpixel booth would be so much fun. It was a momentous event for me to use my new D300 for the very first time outside of the confines of my home. What could be better than a dive show and Wetpixel for my new D300's inaugural event?

And a big, huge thanks to Jean of Aquatica. He so very kindly offered to let me borrow his 17-35 lens to use at the show. And this in spite of the fact that I'd never met him before! Guess that Wetpixel badge convinced him that I was a soul he could trust :D

There should be some images and a report posted soon. Most of the images were taken with Jean's 17-35, which is one heck of a fantastic lens. Jean also joined Micheala and I for dinner that night. What a great ending to a great day.

Ellen
D300, Subal housing, Focus Fix Light, Tokina 10-17mm, 60mm, Sigma 17-70, 105mm VR, Inon Z240 (2)

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

#7 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Just came back from the Tacoma Dive Show and had the best of time with the crowd over there, tons of Wetpixelians and muchos underwater photographer, I was actually pleasantly surprised at the per capitas of U/W photographer in this area.

Had a great time, punto! :D
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#8 NWGratefulDiver

NWGratefulDiver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

I flew up to Seattle to help out in the South Pacific Island Travel booth and really enjoyed the show. Saturday was busier than Sunday, but we had a good crowd most the time. It was fun to see a lot of old friends too. I know that Ellen will be writing up a short report of the show, but here are a few more photos to add.

Posted Image
Jeff from Jack's Diving Locker in Kona entertaining the girls from Wetpixel

... and that lady second from the right was my dive buddy after the show on Sunday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)