• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 resappraiser

resappraiser

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

This one is pretty new on the market. Just wondering if anyone here has purchased one and what do they think? I have an Oly E-410 and use an Inon Z-240 strobe. Thanks.

Bob

#2 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

This one is pretty new on the market. Just wondering if anyone here has purchased one and what do they think? I have an Oly E-410 and use an Inon Z-240 strobe. Thanks.

Bob

Actually it's been out for a year or so. It works quite nicely with the newer Oly cameras offering quite accurate TTL with fiber optics and full control of the strobe from the camera set in "RC" mode. However with the 410 I believe you would need to use a hard-wired cable for TTL and you would have on-camera support.

It's made by Sea & Sea for Oly and is well-made. It's quite light in the water, really pretty floaty, especially compared to the 240z. However it's not nearly as powerful. Also it uses two AA batteries instead of 4.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com Sea & Sea, Olympus, Ikelite, Athena, Zen, Fix, Nauticam, Aquatica, Seacam, Gates, 10Bar, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line - Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories
Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog
Flickr Gallerys: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#3 mikedive

mikedive

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Mini Trucks,....

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hello ,

UFL2 is nothing else than an exploded Olympus FL36 strobe in a UW housing made by sunpac ( Sea&Sea brand owner)
Nikon D300 - UK-D300 - different Lenses and Ports - MD04 Ball-Arms , YS 60speed / INON Z240 / Hartenberger hs250 ,and several other parts