105mm Nikon VR II

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaSpen

ScubaSpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:spending more than 500 hrs a year underwater gawking at marine life and taking the odd picture.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:43 AM

Hi all

Which Ike flat port do I need to house my Nikon 105mm VRII lens.

Thx as always in advance
Spen

#2 cpix

cpix

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

Nikon lens port chart for Ikelite can be found here : http://www.ikelite.c...port_nikon.html
So the 105mm VR is #5505.46 if you are not going for the modular port system.

Take care,

Rene.
Nikon D300, Ikelite housing, 2 x DS125 strobes

#3 ScubaSpen

ScubaSpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:spending more than 500 hrs a year underwater gawking at marine life and taking the odd picture.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

Thx Rene

Im off to Adorama for some shopping

Spen

#4 drako

drako

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Be careful and carefully fit the ikelite port. A friend of mine had an issue with that port on his 105 vr. Ikelite, unlike other companies (subal, hugyfot etc) have a different port or extension ring for the new 105mm since it is a tad bit wider.

#5 chrismr

chrismr

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

Be careful and carefully fit the ikelite port. A friend of mine had an issue with that port on his 105 vr. Ikelite, unlike other companies (subal, hugyfot etc) have a different port or extension ring for the new 105mm since it is a tad bit wider.

I already have a 5505.5 for the old nikon 105mm micro lens. Would this port work with the new 105mm VR lens?

#6 davehicks

davehicks

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

I just got a 105 VRII and used it for the first time this week. I love it! Anyway, I have the modular flat port and use the 5510.24 extention. This is the same extension used for the Sigma 17-70mm with the 8" dome port. The port chart on the Ikelite site will show you the recommendation, which is a differenet extension. I wanted to get the most coverage with the fewest parts so mixed it up a bit.

Dave