• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crinoid

crinoid

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

I am looking for a new system. Right now I am looking at the Canon G10 with Ikelite Housing with Ikelite TTL strobe or the Sea & Sea DX-1 or 2 G with a YS-110a. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know the Sea & Sea can shoot at 24mm wide angle with no required add-on and Ikelite does require the $250 add-on. Overall, Also, is the TTL with the Ikelite housing (hard wired) much better than the simlulated TTL with the YS-110a and DX cameras? Overall, which system would you recommend. THANKS EVERYONE!

#2 onewolf

onewolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Diving, Fishing, Photography, Kayaking

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

I'm also trying to decide between the G10/Fisheye vs DX-2G systems so I am also interested in other people's opinions.

So far I see the comparison as:

DX-2G: Supports TTL in 'M' mode, 24mm WA vs 28mm with G10, wetmate closeup and 16mm WA lenses, less expensive

G10/Fisheye: Better camera (faster AF, larger LCD, faster buffer management), supports 67mm wetmate closeup lenses, 15mm WA lens port, more durable housing?, slightly higher resolution, No TTL in 'M' mode (ouch!).

(Primary) Nauticam 550D, Canon T2i, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 100mm IS, Tokina 10-17FE, Zen 100mm domeport, Nauticam 180deg viewfinder, Dual S&S YS-110a, SOLA 600 focus light, Dual AOI RGBlue video lights, GoPro Hero 2

(Backup) Olympus E-PM1, PT EP-06, Olympus 14-42 II, Olympus 60mm macro

--- Visit My Website ---

#3 horseflesh

horseflesh

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

Very similar issues here. So far, I am leaning towards the DX-2g for these reasons.

1. I don't HAVE to get an external strobe right away.
2. Better WA for less $.
3. Easy to switch between macro/WA with wet lenses.

Much of the Dx-2g's appeal has to do with cost. I am sure the Canon would be a more pleasant camera to use in many ways.