#1 Chris Bangs

Chris Bangs

Sting Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 04:55 PM

Hello, all

I have decided to make the digital leap. I am seriously looking at the Fuji S 2 which I will stuff in the "soon to be released" Aquatica housing. I have a slightly non underwater question

1) Will the S 2 accept a Non Ai mount. I hope to use the camera with a Bowens Slide duplicator to digitize my entire underwater library. The duplicator uses a bellows assembly which incorporates a simple Nikon bayonet mount which is non-Ai.

Kindest regards

Chris Bangs
Nikon D70s,Fuji S2, And Misc Nikon/Nikonos film gear collecting dust.
Ikelite and Aquatica Housings
Nikon 12-24 mm, 10.5 mm, 16 mm, 60 mm, 105 mm, 200 mm micro. Sigma 14 mm. + stacks of diopters and teleconverters
Many outdated flashy thingys with aluminum tinker toys to connect them to the cameras.

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 05:24 PM

Hi Chris Welcome back to Wetpixel,

Ouch, I had to open the manual for this one!

According to Page 19, non-Ai lenses will not work on the S2. It will most likely give you an ERR message.

The manual does say that you can use the bellows attachment PB-6 (I don't know what that is but thought I'd try to help) Here's a thread on DPreview.com that might help (I just did a search on bellows in the fuji forum):

http://forums.dprevi...message=3952491

Posted Image

PS, I hope you like the Aquatica housing for the S2 - then you can tell all the UW-Photo folks how nice it is...:-)

Sincerely
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org