• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am just back from a indonsiŽ trip, and in the week i was in Lembeh i made with a friend a short promo film for Rob Sinke from Divers Lodge

Let me know what you think

Edited by Brumpy, 05 June 2009 - 11:45 AM.

GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing
Vanherck Underwater Imaging

#2 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1967 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

Wow, nice job! Beautifully shot and edited and perfectly integrated with the music. Congratulations! But you've got some serious distortion around some of those macro shots. What lens/diopter were you using?

#3 rereynoso

rereynoso

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

Wow, great stuff Brumpy! Are you using a tripod for some of those shots, or just doing a full lockdown? Some really beautiful shots!
reuben reynoso
www.socalscubadivers.com

#4 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

Great stuff Brumpy. The only input I'd have was that although it was a great short film it maybe a bit too arty-farty for a Dive Shop promo vid? Great work though.

Cheers, Simon

#5 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

Nice stuff, will also mention that the use of stacked single element diopters has left you with some serious chromatic aberration around your tight macro shots. Achromatic Diopters will get rid of that, but they are not cheap.

Cheers,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Distortion aside, beautiful music, excellent editing...there was some power there.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 Rothi

Rothi

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Iīm happy to go there in october for a week, before we go to Kri Eco Resort for 2 weeks.

Yippieh!

Cheers Markus
Canon 1 D Mark II N, Canon 100mm, Canon 15 mm, Tokina 10-17 FE Zoom, UK-Germany 1 D Mark II and Housing, UK-Germany 45į View Finder, 2 X Subtronic Maxi, 2 x Subtronic Mini,

Visit My Website

#8 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

Really nicely done; the music was perfect.

Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#9 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

I thought it was great (as a stills photographer, I don't mind a bit of distortion and aberration in video - I'm just blown away by the behaviour!).

Tim

:)