1 reply to this topic

#1 scubadew

scubadew

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel, wildlife, finance

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Anybody know how to get Photoshop Elements 7 to read CS2 files from Canon Rebel t1i camera? The adobe website says the plug in I downloaded fixes the problem, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded the plug in, didn't work. I uninstalled 7, then reinstalled it, downloaded the plug in, didn't work. I downloaded plug-in, then restated computer, didn't work. When I check Editor help plug ins, the raw file 5.something is there, but still doesn't work.

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks for any and all help!

Debbie

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1533 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

Anybody know how to get Photoshop Elements 7 to read CS2 files from Canon Rebel t1i camera? The adobe website says the plug in I downloaded fixes the problem, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded the plug in, didn't work. I uninstalled 7, then reinstalled it, downloaded the plug in, didn't work. I downloaded plug-in, then restated computer, didn't work. When I check Editor help plug ins, the raw file 5.something is there, but still doesn't work.

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks for any and all help!

Debbie

Are you trying to open a raw file or a cs2 file? If raw then I think you need to look at the DNG converter 5.4 which I think is still in beta. Either that or use the Canon software for opening. Follow these two tech notes at Adobe to see when 5.4 will make it to the real world

http://forums.adobe....nity/cameraraw#

http://kb2.adobe.com...7/kb407110.html

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net