Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tested the new FIX G10 fisheye dome port?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 onewolf

onewolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Diving, Fishing, Photography, Kayaking

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

I was curious whether anyone has had the opportunity to try out the FIX/G10 fisheye dome port? If so, what do you think? Are the corners reasonably sharp?

Thanks.

(Primary) Nauticam 550D, Canon T2i, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 100mm IS, Tokina 10-17FE, Zen 100mm domeport, Nauticam 180deg viewfinder, Dual S&S YS-110a, SOLA 600 focus light, Dual AOI RGBlue video lights, GoPro Hero 2

(Backup) Olympus E-PM1, PT EP-06, Olympus 14-42 II, Olympus 60mm macro

--- Visit My Website ---

#2 NZ_Nudibranch

NZ_Nudibranch

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Hey onewolf,
Just read in another post you ordered the Fisheye G10 setup with the new dome port. Can you please let me know how it goes when it arrives?
I have the G10/Fisheye setup with the Fisheye W/A 15 port but would like to get the dome if it reduces blurry edges more. Other than that I'm real happy with the kit so I think you'll have a blast with it.
Cheers!
Tim.

I was curious whether anyone has had the opportunity to try out the FIX/G10 fisheye dome port? If so, what do you think? Are the corners reasonably sharp?

Thanks.

Canon G10/Fisheye/inonZ240

#3 diver dave1

diver dave1

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:chess, u/w photography

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hey onewolf,
Just read in another post you ordered the Fisheye G10 setup with the new dome port. Can you please let me know how it goes when it arrives?
I have the G10/Fisheye setup with the Fisheye W/A 15 port but would like to get the dome if it reduces blurry edges more. Other than that I'm real happy with the kit so I think you'll have a blast with it.
Cheers!
Tim.

Can you share some examples of how your setup is working out? I am considering the Fisheye setup, like yours, with my Z-240's. Would love to see some examples of the success/soft corners to aid the consideration.

Nauticam D7000, Inon Z-240's, 60 micro, 105 micro, Tokina 10-17

www.shiningseastudio.com

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

I dived this setup a bit a couple of weeks ago when I was in Cayman for Divetech's grand opening party for their new Lighthouse Point location. The setup (g10, fix dome, 2x s-2000) is a blast to use. Soft corners do pop up from time to time, but they can be mitigated by bumping the zoom out just a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com