Photo
- - - - -

I Am SO Angry with Mary Lynn Price, Stephen Frink, Bruce Yates, Mexwell and Others

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

I've just been in BVI and found myself jumping in alongside Mauricio Handler. He was using an obsolete digital camera and a 10.5 and his pictures were ten times better than mine!

Exactly... Just because you have the latest and greatest does not mean your going to be the best... There's always someone out there whos going to trump you with their tried and trusted machine... Talent wins all the time... Oh and in media 'Contacts' not camera's are a bonus... In my humble... :)

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#22 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:52 AM

I've just been in BVI and found myself jumping in alongside Mauricio Handler. He was using an obsolete digital camera and a 10.5 and his pictures were ten times better than mine!

Perhaps he will give you some pointers?

Exactly... Just because you have the latest and greatest does not mean your going to be the best... There's always someone out there whos going to trump you with their tried and trusted machine... Talent wins all the time... Oh and in media 'Contacts' not camera's are a bonus... In my humble... :)

Dive safe

DeanB

It is all contacts. Talent or equipment has alot less importance in media.

BTW did you see this? Looks bigger than I thought it would be.

[url="http://<a%20href="http://www.film-tv-video.de/index.php?&id=225&tx_ttnews"%20target="_blank">http://www.film-tv-v...ews]=&uid=38027"]What The Scarlet Looks Like[/url]

Not quite what this earlier image shows, but maybe they are working still on designing it.

Mock Up

#23 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Perhaps he will give you some pointers?

Not necessary. I simply formatted his card when he wasn't looking! :)

Edited by John Bantin, 16 July 2009 - 12:40 PM.

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#24 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2856 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

Not necessary. I simply formatted his card when he wasn't looking! :)

:)

Don't let him know that if you ever dive with him again, and if you do, make sure he doesn't have a dive knife :)