• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AndreSmith

AndreSmith

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:23 PM

In my search for a wider angle for my 10D, I came upon this Sigma 8mm f4 circular fisheye. Just wondered what this would become on the 10D - a sort of 13mm vertical fisheye? Maybe thats not so bad underwater. Can focus all the way down to under 8 inches so should work in a dome port. has anybody tried it?

#2 Rattus

Rattus

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:54 PM

Hi Andre

The crop factor doesn't exactly translate to a "change in focal length" on a fish eye. However it still may be useful to you, especially once you defish the image - though that can lose you quite alot of coverage with these lenses.

The following page (not mine) has images from a Sigma 8mm on a Canon 10D, and they give a good idea of the image you'd get.

Canon 10D and Sigma 8mm

I hope that helps.

I'm interested in the Canon 15mm full frame fish eye for wideangle on my D30. The images people have been getting with it look great, even without defishing (the crop removes most of the badly distorted area, while the lens is wide enough to give the coverage I want.

Unfortunately I have to wait for my finances to recharge after the housing. :rolleyes:

Regards

Martyn
Canon 5D
S&S DX-5D housing, TTL, YS-110s, ULCS, etc.

#3 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:16 PM

Check out Tim Rock's Aquatica D100 review in:

www.wetpixel.com/reviews

He has some sample shots w/ the 8mm fisheye.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#4 martys

martys

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:rebreathers, photography

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:07 PM

so Andre, has it arrived yet? we all want to see pictures of it since the photo on UK-G's site is of the D60 housing. I'm sure it's almost the same as the D60 housing, but inquiring minds want to see the new one. B)
Marty Steinberg - http://martysteinberg.com or http://martys.spaces.live.com
Canon 5D / Canon 10D / Subal C10 / Dual Ike DS125's / ULCS arms

#5 AndreSmith

AndreSmith

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:24 PM

No it hasn't arrived yet but it is on its way from Germany! Still working its way half way around the world and through customs. I will publish a picture of my new baby as soon as it is delivered! :lol: