2 replies to this topic

#1 underwaterdigital

underwaterdigital

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 04:25 AM

Hi,

I thought you guys might be interested to see what the lens limitation when shooting fully wide.

this shot was taken obviously on full wide angle. If you look a the bottom corner of the picture, you'll see the lens limitation. quick fix I think is zooming in a little but here is the twist, those dark shades didn't show on the top corner of the picture. Could it be the angle of the shot? Anyway, please feel free to comment.

Regards,
Allan
http://www.underwaterdigital.net
Allan

Sea and Sea DX100 with Inon X1 port, Inon Z22 quad ring flash, YS90DX and a bunch of lens, arms and ports.

#2 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 08:23 AM

I had a similar experience using the lens but in my case I only had the vignetting on the bottom left corner. I suspect it could simply be the alignment of the camera inside the case. Anyways, simply zooming in a small amount will fix the problem. The good thing about the Sea & Sea WAL is that you can zoom in without a noticeable amount of blurrying along the edges.

Another note on this lens is the fact that it experiences less lens flaring when shooting towards the sun than the Inon.

Overall, based on my experience in using the Sea & Sea WAL and the Inon WAL, I 'personally' prefer the Sea & Sea WAL.

Note: I am refering to the 0.56x WAL that attaches directly to the PT/Ikelite/Fisheye housing..not the 16mm WAL that requires an adapter to install.
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#3 underwaterdigital

underwaterdigital

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 08:35 AM

Hi Laz,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Sea and Sea WAL L. I also prefer the Sea and Sea WAL especially doing CFWA shot or even full wide but I am still anxious to see how the INON Dome Port for the UWL-100 works. INON is claiming that the Dome Port should fix the flare problem and distortion along the edges of the picture.

Allan
Allan

Sea and Sea DX100 with Inon X1 port, Inon Z22 quad ring flash, YS90DX and a bunch of lens, arms and ports.