jesters, wedding dresses and even a guitar

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:13 AM

Cal: I like how you're stretching the costumes. One idea - although it might be hard to find practitioners willing to immerse their costumes and equipment:

Japanese swordplay underwater. :)

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#22 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

Oh god I love it!

Awesome idea. If I shoot it , i'll give full concept credit to you.

Cheers

Cal
http://www.calmero.com.au/ - Creative Underwater Photography

#23 rtrski

rtrski

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Slowly learning digital photography and underwater digital photography. Like drinking from a salt-water firehose... ;-)

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Extend the idea to include other martial arts perhaps - wushu in particular might be stunning with the usual use of scarves/sashes hanging off the sword hilts that would give you some really cool streamer effects in water, or perhaps quarterstaves with similar cording or scarving from the ends.

No credit - just let me see the pics somewhere (e.g. send me a link) if you can do it. YOU have to actually find the participants, set it up, take the shots, etc. The models have to do the poses and have the skills (both martial and water-presence) etc. I'm not one of those who believes because I made a 'suggestion' I have any ownership whatsoever. If I thought I had what it took to make it happen myself I'd have kept my mouth shut and DONE IT. :)

Current rig: Sony SLT-alpha55 in Ikelite housing, Sigma 105mm f2.8 DC Macro w/ Ike 5505.58 flat port or Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM behind UWCamStuff custom 5" mini-dome. Dual INON z240 Type IVs triggered with DS51 for TTL mimicry, or DS51 alone with home-made ringflash assy for macro.

Topside, unhoused: Sony SLT-alpha99, Sigma 150-500mm + 1.4TC (Saving for Sony 70-400 G2), Sigma 15mm diagonal fish, Sony 24-70mm f2.8 CZ, Tamron 180mm f2.8 Macro...all the gear and nary a clue...

#24 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Booked and organized :-)

I have a wushu friend who I thought of immediately when I saw your first suggestion. Wushu is perfect for this sort of thing.

Cheers!

Cal

#25 Hani Amir

Hani Amir

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cinematography, Music, Bass Guitar and most of all stuff to do with the Ocean.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

Cool shots dude. I like no. 7 the best. That one's awesome.

#26 Ed_Dman

Ed_Dman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving & Underwater Photography.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Fantastic set, Cal.
I like #7 too, beautifully done... Bravo!

Ed.
Save Our Ocean & Reefs Through Underwater Photography
www.OceanXplorer.com.my
Lumix GF1, Lumix GH1, 10Bar Housing, Nautilus Housing, Twin Inon Z240, Lumix 7-14mm, Leica 45mm & Lumix 14-45mm

#27 Cal

Cal

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Cheers guys!

seven is definantly a fav!