Photo

[B]Tetra for Sale & Sea and Sea spare's wanted[/B]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:42 PM

Hey there,

I recently had an accident with my Sea and Sea Strobe ys 120 duo ttl. No flooding but an old rechargeable battery burst and made a mess .. the only permanent damage is that one of the contacts on the lid corroded and broke off on me cleaning it up.

I dont see a way of taking the lid apart to replace this bit .. but assumed i needed a whole new lid .. does anyone know what to do apart from buy one off sea and sea and stupid prices?

:angryfire:

I am also looking to sell my Light in Motion Tetra 3033 housing and olympus 3040 to go with it .. with wide and macro ports. Anyone interested then email me :rolleyes:
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#2 SharpDiver

SharpDiver

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:35 PM

Giles, check with Nick Buckley. I know about a year and a half ago he was quite keen to get a Tetra. Might get yours sold without having to post it.

#3 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:29 PM

A similar thing happened to my YS120 a few years ago. It is possible to reattach using solder. The top does come apart easily by removing the cross-head screws (If its the gas valve variant) Think the old spring jobby is much the same. Whether anyone will sell you the replacement items is another thing, but a bit of DIY may do the trick.

#4 Kasey

Kasey

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 04:37 PM

Does your cap have leaf type contacts or the older coiled spring. If it is the older cap you may be eligible for a free replacement with the recall. Contact Sea and Sea or a distributor
Seacam F100;D2x; 60mm;105mm;16mm;17-35; 10.5mm;12-24mm
Sea & Sea strobes
www.underthecaribbean.com