Photo

Hello: New to the forum and to photography!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaDiva

ScubaDiva

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hello All,

I have been browsing for on and off so thought it was time I joined and said hi.

I am a PADI Rescue diver with about 100 dives. I learned to dive 7 years ago in Indonesia and then left it for a while. I started back diving last Sept and then started UK diving in Nov - I'm now quite used to diving in pea soup although I could really do without having to dive in a drysuit!

I bought a Canon Ixus 80 and housing prior to a hol in Croatia last Sept and have been messing about with it since. Did an UW photography course in June with a chap who was a photographer before he was a diver (Mike Ward - he likes wrecks). I just spent this weekend taking pictures of bits of metal the local quarry - oh yes its exotic over here.

I never really had an interest in taking that many photos on land but wanting to take better ones underwater has prompted me to join a local camera club and I'm looking forward to taking a 10 week digital photo course from Sept. (You'll notice that I quite like 'courses' - they keep me busy and amused).

I haven't got any lenses or other accessories yet but after taking an age to figure out what fits on what I am currently eyeing up a few inon ones that I have spotted but need to figure out how to get them from across the water to the sunny UK.

Anyway look forward to posting and chatting. :)

Edited by ScubaDiva, 03 August 2009 - 12:09 AM.

Making up in equipment what she lacks in skill and talent!

www.ecoberry.co.uk

My Flickr page.

#2 DDT uk

DDT uk

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

Hello M

We really must stop meeting like this! Welcome to Wetpixel.

Daniel

#3 ScubaDiva

ScubaDiva

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Hello M

We really must stop meeting like this! Welcome to Wetpixel.

Daniel

Yes a person really can't go anywhere in peace these days! :)
Making up in equipment what she lacks in skill and talent!

www.ecoberry.co.uk

My Flickr page.