• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daleb

daleb

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi all. My name is Dale, Im from Brisbane Australia. I have been diving for around 10 years and have finally decided to get a bit more serious about underwater photography. Recently bought a Canon Ixus 980Is and an Ikelite housing. Wanted to get a housing for my 450D but decided the smaller camera is easier for travelling.

Topside I have always been keen on photography and have done several workshops with the 450D, love diving, love photography and here I am in a great place surrounded by many experienced people. Thanks for having me.

Edited by daleb, 04 August 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#2 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hey there Dale

#3 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

Welcome to the forum Dale

You will learn loads from everyone here.

Wetpixel rocks!
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#4 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hey Dale. There's a few uw photographers around Brissy/Goldie/Byron, some of whom are quite good. I used to live down there (and most likely will end up back there eventually), and as you know, there's some great diving in the area!
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#5 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

Great central spot for diving Dale..... Welcome to WP

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#6 daleb

daleb

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Love living around Brisbane, and you are right about alot of great spots for a quick dive. Its quite handy to just load up the car, pick north or south and drive an hour to some really great spots. I grew up in Bundaberg, so was always in the water, as much as I like going out on boats its nice and easy to go to any number of spots within an hours drive and walk straight in off the shore.

Once again, Thanks